Chapter 8

/

"I know you're in here." Natasha called out as she walked into the gym. She was wearing her training clothes, a thin coat of sweat covering her skin. She was greeted by silence and it caused her to smirk. She walked into the centre of the gym when she heard a thud as someone dropped down from behind her. Natasha smiled as she turned, kicking her foot out towards her opponent. Her opponent caught it in his grasp before spinning her away from him. Natasha jumped back to regain her balance before launching a counter attack. She swung left then right keeping low. Her opponent blocked her moves causing Natasha to throw her head forward knocking her partner off balance. He threw an arm out and Natasha leaped to the side to avoid it. She launched herself at him, wrapping her legs around him in a vice like grip. The opponent threw them both to the floor in an attempt to dislodge her but failed. They rolled on the mats of the gym floor neither one letting the other win. Eventually it was Natasha who gained the upper hand. She placed her legs on top of his arms with her knees on either side of his head to prevent him from moving.

"You know if you wanted to be on top all you had to do was ask." Clint smiled as he rested his head against the mat. Natasha quirked an eyebrow at him.

"You're losing your touch." She remarked glancing down at him.

"How so?"

"Normally you can hold out for long then that, am I working you too hard?" Natasha smirked leaning down slightly.

Clint laughed, "You're too distracting, I guess."

Natasha leaned down further so her lips were brushing against Clint's skin, "Then it's a good thing for you we're on the same side."

Clint ran his hands across the skin of her back, "How did you know I was in here anyway?"

"You entered the ventilation system from the kitchen. I tracked you down past the labs and Tony's office to here. You have to work on your stealth mode, Hawkeye." Natasha replied

"I will have you know I have the best stealth mode around, maybe I wanted you track me."

"Of course you did." Natasha laughed

"Yeah so I could do this." Clint replied raising his legs in order to flip their position. He grabbed Natasha's hands in his pinning her to the mat. Natasha gave him a smouldering look.

"Now who wants to be on top?" She remarked and Clint chuckled.

"Of you? Always." Clint replied

"I think you're forgetting something." Natasha murmured as he leaned down towards her.

"What's that?"

Natasha pecked his lips, "This isn't going to hold me." She laughed as she threw her arms out causing Clint to release her. Natasha sprung back up on her feet and returned to her fighting stance. Clint sighed.

"You're such a tease!" He groaned as he got to his feet and mirrored her stance.

/

It had been a week and 2 days and Steve still wasn't home. Ella wasn't sure what this mission was about but she knew it wasn't a routine one. Ella ignored the feeling of dread that settled in her stomach. She reached up to play with the dog tags that were still around her neck. She never took them off. Ella knew Steve could look after himself, he had proven it on many occasions and she knew if he was here he would tell her she was being silly. Ella sighed as she switched off her computer, maybe all she needed was an early night. She hadn't been getting a lot of sleep lately, that wasn't something unusual. Ella never slept well when Steve was away, the bed seemed too cold and empty without him in it.