Chapter 2

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but I was busy with school, and sports (I have been busy with race rowing and it takes up a lot of my time). Well whatever. Enough about me. You have to expect a long time between updates, because I only write when I feel like it and as my chapters are quite long (in my opinion) it can take a while.

Well now, for the story, here's chapter two! It's in Jacob's pov.

Chapter 2

Jacob POV

It was dark when I was driving home from Bella's house. There was no one besides me on the road as far as I could see. My thoughts were starting to wander back to our conversation in the kitchen before I left. Bella said she didn't want to talk about the fact I love her. Does she have a problem with that subject? She knows I love her, so why? Doesn't she love me back? Does she still love that Cullen, who left her months ago in the forest?

I noticed that I was gripping the steering wheel very tightly. I tried to relax but it was difficult. I hadn't succeeded yet on relaxing when I turned into our drive. The lights downstairs were on so I knew my dad wasn't asleep yet. Usually he went to bed around this time as it was ten past eleven.

I was still trying to get the tension in my body to leave when I walked up our front porch. Opening the front door I called inside "Dad. I'm home" Soon after, dad came into the hallway, steering his wheelchair with practiced precision through the door, which led to the living room. I could hear the television. I came to the conclusion that he had been watching the game before going to bed.

"Hey, Jake, how was your evening?" He asked.

Before I could produce any sort of response a horrible pain ripped through my body. I fell forward and before I knew it I was almost raking my claws through my dad. Wait, what? Claws?

"Yes, you have claws." Sounded a sarcastic voice inside my head.

I gathered some courage and asked "Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my head?"

"I'm hurt that you don't remember me as I once was your best friend."

"Huh?"

"I'm Embry, you idiot!" He screamed somehow. "And for being in your head, we can hear each other’s thoughts when we shift."

"For shifting," a different voice started "the legends about the wolf-shifters and Taha Aki aren't just legends. They're the true history of our tribe." He paused. "By the way, I'm Sam Uley, the Alpha of the pack." He was quiet for a few seconds and I saw impressions of a forest. "Embry, stop your patrol and go get Paul. Meet me at Jacob's house. And if the others phase tell them to go to my house."

"Alright, Sam, I'm on my way to Paul's house." Soon after, his presence disappeared.

As I didn't want to damage our house more than I already did, I laid down on the floor. "Jacob, I'm almost at your place now. When I'm there I'll shift back and try to help you shift back as well."

"Can you take a look at my dad if he's alright?"

"I will."

"Thanks"

"I'm shifting back. I'm at the edge of the forest close to your house now." And his presence disappeared as well. I had my thoughts for myself again. Ah, quiet. Well quiet, not really when thoughts are going a hundred miles per hour, but there's no one else in my mind.

"Jacob, Billy," I hear Sam's voice behind me. "Are you alright? Especially you, Billy, after Jacob almost got to you."

"I'm fine Sam. It's just the shock. I was able to get out of his reach just in time. Help Jake first, please."