27. The Former-Peasant and His Guardian

Quick authors note I'm writing this on my phone. I will type slowly to make sure I don't have spelling mistakes. But no promises!! So please correct any errors you see!!

No One's POV

Plume hadn't left his room in days, all he did was sit his bed. Silently crying, he wouldn't eat or drink. Jasper was worried about his friend and adopted brother.

(What? Oh? I didn't write this section? Frik!! Hang on I'll do that now)

Fallacy had adopted the young peasant boy, knowing the pain of watching the parents that one loves so dearly be killed before their eyes

Muffin POV

I remember when Fallacy went through this himself. I never want to see him so distressed ever again.

{Flashback}

An attack was happening on the castle. A turtle mortal taking vampires lives left and right. Fallacy was hiding in a corner of his room curls in a ball and shaking, I was by his side. The queen rushed in, "Madame Theodosia!" I exclaimed, "No time Muffin, take my son and get to the bunker."
"But Madame-"
"But nothing! If Jacques and I die in this attack Fallacy needs to live to rule the kingdom, I do not trust the counsel enough to put the kingdom in their hands indefinitely. Please, Muffin."
I nodded and Fallacy stood up, he hugged Madame Theodosia tightly, "I love you, Mother." He said as tears escaped his eyes. "I love to my Child. Now go, save yourself."
"But what about you and Father?"
"We will be fine."
Madame Theodosia kissed Fallacy's forehead and pushed him to me.

Lord Fallacy and I sprinted as fast as we could to the bunker. I pushed Fallacy into a corner, standing guard in front of him. A heard voices, Fallacy began to whimper. The King and Queen appeared in the doorway. Another figure behind them, a gunshot sounded, the King was now on the ground bleeding heavily. Luckily there was a barrier, we could see out, but whoever was on the other side couldn't see in. It's a high-level magic used for protection of the Royal Family. Madame Theodosia held her husband as he bled out. Herself dying not long after. Fallacy watched in horror. The mortal seeing no one in the corner of the bunker walked away. Fallacy began to cry hysterically as I shushed him, comforting the vampire that I was destined to protect.

{Flashback end}

I went and fetched Plume, cracking his door open, peeking my head inside. "Plume?" I heard a grunt, "It's time to find out who your guardian will be." I said, my voice sweet and calm. Plume sat up, his eye red and puffy, his face expressionless. He followed me out the door as we walked to a room, five wolves near his age. Hand picked by me sat in a line. One stood out, I don't know why, he wasn't unusual per say, he just seemed to be above the rest somehow. He had a calm deminer, he perked his head up when he heard us walk in.

I sat Plume down. Wolves were destined to be the guardian of some vampire even if They aren't royal. They will be drawn to whomever they must protect. That one that stood out earlier inched forward.

???? POV (the new wolf)

I felt I needed to go up to Lord Plume, I don't know why but I did. He looked really sad, and like he'd been crying. I wanted to help him. Why? I'm not this type of wolf, I'm always so shy and quiet. Muffin looked at me, he nodded and mouthed, "Go ahead." I walked up to Lord Plume. He looked at me, his face blank, I Nuzzled his cheek. He giggled quietly. Yay! I kept nuzzling his cheek, "Hey! Haha, that tickles hahaha!" He choked out in between laughs. He fell backward, me landing on top of him. (Note: both are too young to understand sex and such so this is just playing around for them), "Looks like we've found your Wolfe Plume." Muffins said happily. Lord Plume and I whipped my head towards him, "That's it?" Lord Plume asked looking back at me. "Yep, whichever steps forward is your Wolf. That's how it works." Muffin explained. Plume looked at me and sat back HP, knocking me back slightly. "I haven't heard you make a sound. Why is that?" Plume asked. How was gonna tell him I'm mute? I looked at Muffin, then back at Plume. I mean I could growl and whimper. But not speak. "He's mute." Muffin stated. "Now come on. Dinner should be served soon."
"Alright"
Plume stood up and began walking out. Muffin turned back to me, I say and watched, "Come Cerf." I jetted over walking on all fours by Plume's side. I don't understand how Muffin, and other adult Wolves, walk on two legs, it's so uncomfortable. (So quick thing, though Cerf"s name looks like it would be pronounced "surf" it's pronounced "sayer-eff")

Plume POV

I followed Muffin to the Dining Hall. Cerf by my side. I felt something furry under my hand. I look down and see Cerf has his head under my hand. I smile a bit.

I sit at the table. Cerf lays at my feet, curled up in a dog-like manner around my ankles. I ate silently. Cerf ate after I did. After we both finished eating we walked to my room. I laid down in bed, as always, Cerf set his chin on edge staring at me. "What? Do you wanna climb up here?" He nods. I wave my hand and he jumps up, curling under my arm, his face nuzzled into my chest. Affectionate.

I slowly fell asleep. When I woke Cerf was playing with a ball of yarn on the floor, rolling around happily. I giggled and he jumped up looking at me, a faint seafoam green blush dusted his cheeks. He's adorable.

Maybe, living here in the castle for the rest of my life won't be so bad.