"For you or her?" 2D asked.

"Oh, shut it, face-ache. Y'know, you..."

The ringing in my ears replaced their voices as I stared at the food I had made. My vision became blurry as my eyes slowly closed, and I took a deep breath through my nose. Forcing my eyes open, I placed my hand on my head as I felt for signs of a fever. My skin was unusually cold, and confusion fell over me.

"Juliet!" Murdoc called to me from the living room, quickly bringing me out of my haze.

"Y-yes?" I responded, glancing back at him.

"How's dinner coming—" His questioning tone quickly turned to one of concern as I saw him now standing in the doorframe, "All right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm... I'm fine." I slurred, the entire room spinning along with the fog in my head.

I coughed out an inhale as I shambled my way to the fridge, my breath turning to pathetic wheezes. Desperately, I scanned the fridge for water, to no avail.

"Oh, fuck." I leaned against the door of the fridge for support, nausea swirling in my stomach.

"You're fine, are you?" Murdoc asked as I felt his hand gently rubbing my back, "Get her some water, Stuart. Now."

"I'm gonna puke." I slurred weakly, nearly falling into Murdoc.

"You haven't been drinking, have you? Bloody hell, you're cold. Here."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a gentle hug, rubbing my back in a failed attempt to warm me. Every time I closed my eyes, they begged me to keep them closed. It felt as though the room turned upside down, and all I could do to keep my balance was to keep my eyes shut. Slowly, I felt less response from my body as I no longer had the ability to move. The abyss of unconsciousness had me in its frigid grip as I felt my body hit the kitchen floor.

***

With a shudder, my eyes snapped open.

Looking around at my surroundings, I noticed I was in my apartment. It was cold, and my bare legs began to shake as I folded my arms over my chest with a shiver. Every breath I could manage took an icy form in the air, the chill of the room much like a cold winter's night in New York City.

"Hello?" I called out into the apartment, my voice echoing as if I were in a tunnel.

There was no response to my call, and a perturbing feeling surfaced inside me. A state of eeriness rose in the space, and the sound of a door opening made me turn quickly on my heel. My eyes met the bathroom door as it swayed open; a small light shone from the inside, illuminating the dark room where I stood. The hairs on my neck stood on end as tears approached my eyes, the fear in my chest climbing up my throat.

My feet betrayed me as I began to walk towards the door, every step sending an icy shock rushing through my body. Memories of this night played through my head, and I nearly choked as I stopped myself from approaching the door any further.

"Ren...?" His name left a bitter aftertaste on my tongue.

No response once again, and with that realization I peered around the corner, into the bathroom. Nothing could prepare me for what I saw. Ren's lifeless body was slumped on the ground, his skin pale as a ghost. The approaching tears I tried so hard to fight back broke through, falling down my face and onto the floor. Panic washed over me as I ran to him, crouching down and pulling his face into my lap. His eyes remained closed as I desperately screamed for him to wake up, my voice echoing a thousand times into the night.