Chapter 24: 007

Începe de la început

After a quick call to my doctor, he told me I could try to walk on it. If it starts to hurt, all I'd have to do is put the other brace on and use my crutches.

"You'll be back by midnight?" Dad asks. Mom's not home, so he has to do the decision making. I told him I was going with Hannah to do something I needed to do for her.

"Yes, Dad. I will." My mom has since decreased into this forced happy mode where no one knows I'm freaking out on the inside. He doesn't suspect a thing.

"Okay, just be careful. Have fun, I love you, Jess." Dad kisses my forehead lightly before helping up. I go to the door and open it to see Hannah. She has a drench coat covering her other clothes and a heavy load of makeup on. Her glasses are even replaced with contacts.

"What the... you look great, but where the heck are you taking me??" I ask with a giggle.

Hannah helps me out to her car and we both climb in.

"It's a surprise!" Hannah says as if I should know that already.

"You look like you're about to solve a mystery," I tell her as I examine her coat.

"Maybe I am," she says before pulling out of my driveway, driving like 007. I guess she's dressed for the part, too.

*

The whole ride to town consisted of me telling Hannah my problems. I give her every detail of everything, from Connor threatening me, to Will telling his mom what happened, to me being so paranoid that I can't even function.

"I don't want to put a damper on this, Hannah," I tell her as she pries it out of me.

"You're not, Jess. I'm glad you told me." Her face is concentrated, like she's thinking of some devious plan.

I stare out the window, expecting to not reach our destination for a while. Suddenly the blur of cars and buildings passing by comes to a halt when Hannah parallel parks outside the Beverly Theater.

I look around and find Will's car parked up the street along with a few other cars. The place wasn't very busy, so I can't figure why we'd be here.

"Why are we here?" I ask her, eyebrows raised.

She just gives me a small smile as the blood boils just under the surface of her cheeks and neck. "You'll see!"

I climb out of the car the same time she does and meet her on the sidewalk. Will is walking toward us, a strenuous look on his face as he locks his truck.

He looks so handsome in his button up shirt and dark jeans. His hair isn't as disheveled as it usually is but it's barely noticeable. At least he tried.

I know I'm supposed to be mad at him, but it's so tempting to run up to him and plant a kiss right on him.

I somehow manage, though.

"Will Dawson!" Hannah claps her hands together. She reaches for him and clutches his shoulder as she pulls him away.

I stand there awkwardly in the middle of the sidewalk as I wait for them to come back. I turn around when I hear footsteps and see Tyler walking towards me. He smiles and waves before shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," I say, narrowing my eyes at him. "Any idea what we're doing here?"

He chuckles. "I have an idea, but you might not."

I glare at him and cross my arms over my chest.

Will and Hannah come back, Hannah still beams while Will looks like he's trying not to let one.