[010]: BIRTHDAY BEAUTIES

____
CHAPTER TEN;
[ BIRTHDAY BEAUTIES ]
[VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

     "THESE ROSES REMINDED ME OF YOU, AND I AM REALLY HOPING THEY DON'T DIE anytime soon

"THESE ROSES REMINDED ME OF YOU, AND I AM REALLY HOPING THEY DON'T DIE anytime soon. Happy sixteenth birthday, little sister."

—SUNNY

     Arden let out a brisk sigh of happiness, a smile curled at the edges of her lips as she held the white colored note between her painted fingertips. The letters scrawled across the paper were neat and properly spaced apart from one another, the signature placed at the bottom right hand corner holding the familiar star that her brother so proudly added to all of his letters. She ran her thumb across the scribbled name and bit her lip with an amused, lustrous expression. They were sixteen now, her and Sunny, and were only one year away from being a legal adult in the wizarding world.

Arden brushed her hair behind her ears, eyes then flickering towards the vase of flowers sitting upon her mahogany colored nightstand. She reached out, the tips of her fingers only barely grazing the surface of one singular, white colored rose. The flower was smooth, almost silky, she noted. Another smile fell upon her face, and Arden could not help but let a light giggle escape her pursed lips. Her brother had always been so thoughtful.

Unintentionally, Arden placed her hand over the outline of the wrapped gift weighing down inside of her pant pocket. She knew that Sunny would like her present, but that did not mean that she wasn't nervous to give him the gift she so carefully selected amongst the many options. He had always been so picky.

As if on cue, the clock hung across the Ravenclaw dormitory struck eight—a light ding echoing throughout the room. Arden turned her gaze to the two hands and made way to grab her navy cloak, stringing the material over her right forearm before she began to leave the room. The heels of her shoes clicked against the stone floors as she descended down the many stairs, and they continued to as Arden excitedly made her way to the Great Hall, her heart beating rapidly.

There were not many who knew that it was the Mangjuhl twins' birthdays. Besides those who associated themselves with the pair (which, Arden could argue, were not many for herself), it seemed as if though it were just another day at Hogwarts. Although she could claim that it was, in fact, just another day—for birthday's hadn't always been quite a big deal when it came to Sunny and herself.

Like clockwork, she thought of the pancakes Willa had baked for her the morning of her past birthday. How Lilian had gifted her with books charmed to smell like the sea, a request made months prior to the unwrapping. It made Arden quite sad as she pushed through the double doors, but she found herself remembering that dwelling on such memories would only make her day much harder to come by. Instead, she pushed away the faces that clouded her mind and instinctively searched for the one person she so wished to see.