Part Eleven

Laura's POV

When I kiss Jonathan, it feels like fireworks are going off in my head. The cheering of the crowd in the background makes me smile even more as Jonathan pulls away from the kiss. I laugh as he sweeps me off my fets and skates me over to the bench in his arms. I may have been mad at him, but I really do trust what Kami and Andrew both told me. Besides, how could I stay mad at a boy like this? Before the third period starts, he turns to me and says, "Let me show you something." He slips the ring, a simple band with a beautiful diamond, off my finger and points to the side of the band. There's a teeny-tiny engraving of two hockey sticks criss-crossing and between them is a puck. "I hope you like it," he tells me, looking a bit nervous. I hug him. "Jonathan, it's perfect."

Jonathan's POV

My heart's beating fast as I step out to take the first faceoff of the third period, back in my hockey equipment. I can't believe she said yes. I concentrate on the puck and win the draw. Sharpie gets the puck and passes to me. I fake-out Crosby, who trips on his own skates, then pass back to Sharp. He aims right above Fleury's left shoulder and shoots. It seems to go in slow-motion, then I hear the crowd cheering and see the red light flashing. Hossa, Seabs, Duncs, and I all clobber Sharpie. "Way to go man!" The score remains tied until I look up before a face-off. There's thirty seconds to go and we're in their zone. That's more than enough time. I get kicked out of the face-off circle, and Sharpie goes in. He loses the face-off, but Keith manages to get the puck back to me. The second it touches my stick, I don't hesitate and slapshot it with all my energy.

I hear the horn go off as Fleury misses the puck. Chelsea Dagger starts playing and I see everyone clambering off the bench and onto the ice to celebrate. We raise our sticks at center ice. Then they call out the three stars of the game. "The number three star of the game, from the Pittsburgh Penguins, with one goal and one assist, number eighty seven...Sidney Crosby!" He's greeted with a bunch of boos. "Your number two star of the game, from the Blackhawks, with one goal and one assist, number ten....Patrick Sharp! And your number one star of the game, from the Blackhawks, with one goal, and a yes to his marriage proposal, number nineteen...Jonathan Toews!" I wave my hand as I skate out for a second.

I hear tons of noise in the locker room when I head back in after my interview. When I walk in, someone's found a few bottles of champagne and Andrew dumps one over my head. Tonight has honestly been one of the best nights of my life. I quickly change out of my equipment and shower, then change back into my suit, this time adding black dress shoes instead of skates. Then I head off to find Laura. I've got another little surprise for her. 

Becca's POV

"Ohmigosh!" I run over to Laura. "Let me see, let me see!" She holds out her hand, the diamond adorning her finger. "Wow, he really knew exactly what you would like," I say, admiring it. I feel someone tapping on my shoulder and as I turn around my smile fades to a frown. "Oh, it's you," I say to Andrew Shaw. "Thanks for knocking me down out there. Really appreciated it." "Yeah about that..." he says, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry about that. Can I take you out to dinner to make up for it?" Hmmm, I think. He's cute and all, but I don't want to play easy-to-get. "I guess you can," I tell him. "But I get to drive us." "Ok," he says, already grinning and looking super excited. He runs off to change and I turn back to Laura, who's smiling at me. "Somebody's got a crush on you," she singsongs. "Says the girl who's engaged!" I say. She laughs. "True. I still can't believe it though." Her family and some other friends come into the locker room to see her, so I go off to change for my date with Andrew. I change into the hot pink silk top, my black skinny jeans, and my black boots that make me taller. Even at only 5'10", Andrew is still way taller than me, so I could use the height. I wipe off my ice-girl makeup and do a simple smokey eye and natural gloss. I fix my hair and grab my black leather jacket, then head out the door. As I leave, Alysson passes me, and I give her a smirk. Guess that bitch got what she deserved. 

Laura's POV

After my parents leave, Jonathan comes over. "I have a little surprise for you," he says, taking my hand and intertwining my fingers with his. "Come on, let's go!" He leads me out of the arena and into his car. "Here let me put this on you," he says, taking a black tie out of his bag and tieing it around my eyes. "Where are you taking me?" I laugh. "You'll see," he says, starting the car. We drive for a while, and I feel each turn and try to figure out where he's taking me. He pulls the car to a stop and comes around to my door, opening it and holding my hand. I hear him hand the valet his keys, and when we enter the building, he says, "Toews party." "Right this way," a woman says and we walk forward. I count thirty steps before we stop. Jonathan takes off my blindfold and I hear "Surprise!" I almost fall over from shock. Everyone is there; my family, his family, the team, our friends. I look around the room and recognize that we're at Gibson's, my favorite steakhouse in Chicago. Jonny knows me so well. He pulls out a chair for me next to his mom, Andree, and as he sits down, he takes my hand and squeezes it under the table. I still can't believe this is all happening. We all order dinner and while we're eating, Kami stands up and raises her wine glass in a toast. "I'd like to make a toast to the happy couple...thank god you two are finally together!" Everyone laughs and clinks their glasses together. As I clink my glass wth Jonny, my ring shimmers in the light.

Becca's POV

The dinner to celebrate Jonny and Laura's engagement ends at 11 so I decide to take Andrew clubbing. We decide to go to Studio Paris, a club that some of the ice girls like to go to and that Andrew said the team sometimes goes to. We invite Kami and Corey with us. Kayla said she was going to visit Patrick and Laura and Jonny are going home, since it's been such a long night. Andrew races me to my car, a dark blue Ferrari that was a gift from my dad. "I call driver!" he yells, his voice echoing in the parking garage. "Yeah, I don't think so," I say shoving him aside. "Aw come on!" he whines. "What if I give you something?" "Like what?" I ask, turning around. He leans against me , pushing me into the side of the car, and kisses me. It's not like any kiss I've had before. I feel a tingling feeling running up and down my body as he pulls away from me. "How 'bout now?" he asks, grinning. I hand over the keys, and he kisses me again, his lips warm against my cold ones. 

Kayla's POV

After tonight's excitement, I decide to go visit Patrick in the hospital. As I reach into my bag for my car keys, my phone vibrates and the screen lights up the inside of my bag. I grab it and read the number on the screen. It's the hospital where Patrick is right now and my heart is beating fast as I hit the answer button. "Hello?" "Yes, is this Miss Goldburg?" "Uhm, yes." I reply, about to collapse. "Miss Goldburg, we have some new about Patrick..."