You looked at him with a light blush covering your cheeks while you grabbed both of his hands in your own, looking at him confidentiality. "Yato! I'm in love with you."

And finally, in the first time for what seemed like centuries now, Yato looked up and kicked the nearest trash can.

"What a bunch of bullshit."

It's funny how we both end up here but everything seems alright
I wonder what would happen
If we went back and put up a fight
'Cause once upon a time you were my everything
It's clear to see that time hasn't changed a thing
So what in this world do you think could ever take you off my mind

5 years. It's been 5 years since that event had happened. Nothing changed except for the fact that you had gotten a bit older, but not too old. You had just became 23.

As for Yato, nothing changed for him. Like nothing at all. He was still depressed. Everyone had tried to make him move on but he just couldn't, because you were that special and important to him.

* * *

"Hey, (Name)! What do you think on going to get a quick meal before heading out shopping again?" Your friend asked, looking at you and giving you a smile.

"Yeah, (Name)! We should totally go get a quick meal! I'm starving!" Your other friend said who was just a few inches shorter than your other friend.

"Sure thing! Whatever you guys decide to do is totally fine with me." You smiled back at your two friends, who just happened to be your two best friends ever since High School.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" The shorter female said as she began running, followed by your other friend leaving you the only one behind.

"Guys wait, no!" You yelled trying to catch up with them but they were too fast. "Geez, how come my legs don't work like how I remember they did?"

You decided that running would just make you a lot more tired than you already were so you just walked slowly, taking a notice on how everything here was so pretty.

Just as you were beginning to get closer to the food place your friends had wanted to go to, you felt yourself slip, making your face go towards the floor. You shut your eyes waiting for the impact to come, but it never came.

You were suddenly pulled back by a dark haired man with dark blue eyes.

"A-Ah! Thank you! I would've slipped for sure if it wasn't for you." You shyly said as you scratched the back of your head, trying to avert your gaze somewhere else since you felt a little awkward making eye contact with him.

He didn't mutter a single word. He just looked at you with a shocked expression. His grip on you tightened a bit before letting go and letting out a sigh that had escaped his lips.

"You won't remember me after this encounter, so that's why I'm going to do this now, and not regret it." He breathed out in a silent way.

"What do you mean by-" You were cut off by a pair of soft lips, he pulled back before running away, disappearing into the crowd.

Feeling it, loving it
Everything that we do
And all along, I knew I had something special with you
But sometimes you just gotta know that these things fall through
But I'm still tired and I can't hide my connection with you

You were 28 now, and by now you had met a man who you had developed feelings for and not so long ago, he had proposed to you, and you happily said yes.

Right now you were waking around the cold winter streets, going out to run a few errands. Of course you could've just drove there, but you wanted to see if there was anything new that had been going on.

A few snowflakes fell upon your hair and on the bridge of your nose. If you had to tell the truth you loved the winter for some odd reason.

You had casually been walking by when you heard a nearby conversation that somewhat intrigued you.

"Have you heard of the god Yato?"
"No. I've never heard of him."
"Are you serious? He's all everyone's talking about!"
"Wait really?"
"Yeah! I didn't get to hear it all, but I overheard my mom talking to some of her friends that he apparently did something amazing that seemed impressed everyone. It was all over the news!"

Yato. Why do I feel like I have some sort of special connection with someone named Yato? And why does the thought make me feel all tingly inside?

You felt your cheeks warm up. "What in the hell?" You questioned to yourself. Not wanting to make any further assumptions you just convinced yourself it was the winter air that had made your cheeks warm.

I will never forget you
And you'll always be by my side
From the day that I met you
I knew that I would love you 'til the day I die
And I will never want much more
And in my heart I will always be sure
That I will never forget you
And you'll always be by my side 'til the day I die

Your eyes shot wide open as you stood up a little from where you were. Your face seemed to have a little sweat on it and your heart beat felt like it was going crazy. "Was it a nightmare?"

You took in a look of your surroundings. You were in your room, and your wonderful husband was sleeping next to you. Something felt off.

Lately you've been feeling as if there was something that you had experienced in the past or more like someone you had met in the past, but is now gone. Like, you don't have any contact with them at all. This bugged you a lot.

Usually you would brush this feeling off, but now you just couldn't. You had to find out what this was, and you were beyond desperate to find out what it was.

A faint voice seemed to be heard from afar.

"Your wish has been heard loud and clear."

Realization hit you and your eyes went wide once again, just like how they were when you woke up not so long ago. You hurriedly got out of bed and opened the window.

You finally knew what you had remembered.

You took in a deep breath and screamed out at the top of your lungs,

"YATO!"

I will never forget you...

'Til the day I die.

ITS 2:53AM AND I FINALLY FINISHED THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A ONESHOT. shit sorry this was terrible. :/