Barty signalled for everyone to settle down, the band stopped playing and everyone stopped cheering

"From Beauxbattons, Fleur Delacour!" Everyone began cheering again, and the band once again started playing. I clapped for my friend, and waved to her. She smiled when she saw me. Her and the headmaster of Beauxbattons took their spot near the entrance, to the left of Viktor. The two headmasters shared a glare, but the two champions shared a small smile. Giving each other good luck.

Once again, Barty signalled everyone to be quiet "Now, from Hogwarts, our first champion, Cedric Diggory!"

The band once again started up, and everyone was cheering. I smiled, and waved at him. It looked like he was searching for someone, and when his eyes landed on me, he gave me a smirk, and winked at me. My heart flipped in my chest, as I smiled back. He took his place at the start, his father right beside him. His father put his hands in Cedric's shoulders, whispering words of encouragement.

I could feel Cedric's gaze on me as Barty took the microphone one last time. "The last champion. From Hogwarts, Harry Potter!"

Everyone cheered again, as did I. I was proud of Harry. He was too young to be in this tournament, and even though everyone thought he wouldn't make it though the first task, Harry proved them wrong. By making it to the final task, and performing quite well in the other two, I couldn't be prouder of Harry.

Harry took his spot near the entrance, Moody behind him, acting as his coach.

Barty took the mic once again, surveying the crowd and champions, a nervous look on his face. If something went wrong in this task, many would blame him for it. "alright champions! on your marks, get set, go!"

The champions entered the maze, and our view of them became non existent as they entered the foggy pathways of the maze.

I hold the parchment that Cedric gave me tightly. Praying nothing happens to anyone in this maze full of traps.

"You okay?" Fred asks me "no" I simply reply. Fred shares a look with George, and the two of them pull me into a hug. "No matter what happens, we are here for you. If someone dies, we won't leave your side until you feel better"

I smile, I always loved the twins. On the outside, they were the class clowns. Outside and inside the classroom. But they also had a different side to them, the caring, sentimental side to them. I relax a little, knowing their words are genuine "thank you" I say as I hug them back.

• • •

It seemed to have been ages, but from my watch, it had only been thirty five minutes when Fleur Delacour re-appeared. Shaking and sobbing "oh my god" I say, trying to get a better view. "Should you go? See if she saw Cedric in there?" George asks, pushing me towards the stairs. I shrug "look at the state she's in! I couldn't possibly do that"

Fred urges me forward "then offer moral support! Your her friend, show support, it's what she needs right now"

I nod, climbing down the stairs. Someone stops me at the entrance to the little clearing, Fleur looks up at the small commotion that was near her "let her through"

The guard reluctantly lets me through, and I run to Fleurs side. I take my jacket off, and wrap it around her shivering shoulders "it's over now" I whisper as I pull her into a hug "you are safe, no one is trying to get to you. I will make sure you're safe" I say, wondering what horrors she had to face out there all alone, in the dark.

She leans into me, her shivers and sobs slowing down. "I'm here for you, it's okay" she hugs me "thank you" she said, her voice shaky.

"Do you need anything?" I ask, rubbing against her shoulders, trying to warm her "No". She then grabs my hand, and looks me in the eye. Her brilliant blue eyes look at me, red rimmed with crying "he's okay"

I didn't have to ask, she already knew. "You know that's not the reason I'm here"

She nods "you are a good friend to me, now I shall be a good friend back. I saw him, he fought off some ivy that tried to pull him under, like me"

I pull her towards me "that's enough, you don't have to relive that" she nods, grateful.

I held her as she calmed down, and a few minutes later, Viktor shows up. He looked disgruntled and angry. Fleur tenses up, and so do I. Igor grabs him and drags him to a private area. "What was the matter with him?" I ask Fleur "I think he was cursed, he cheated" Fleur says, and looks down at her lap "what?" I ask, something was bothering her "I may have cheated a little also" I shrug "it's over now, there's nothing anyone can do now"

It seemed like hours had gone buy, waiting for Harry and Cedric "how big is this thing" I mumble mostly to myself "I think I only covered a third of it when I has in there" Fleur replies. I try and control my breathing, but the anxiety that just keeps building up won't let me breath properly. The suspense not helping.

I pull myself against Fleur, trying to heat up a little. I had a feeling we would be waiting here a while...

___________________________
So what I'm going to do is make two endings. I get to write more in this story, and you get more parts. Each ending will have an epilogue.

Let me know wether or not you guys want the happy ending first or the sad ending first. I'm kind of leaning towards the sad ending first so I can finish this book with a happy ending.

Let me know what you think!

-Lauren