After The War

Shortly after the battle, the dead bodies were buried at the side of the school. The Weasleys still mourned on the loss of Fred, and Harry couldn't stop accusing himself for all of these deaths. This is all my fault, he thought. If I have given myself to Voldemort earlier, they would still be alive. He couldn't get over the fact that they have died. He cried silently in the Gryffindor common room, where Neville was sitting beside the fireplace.

Harry saw Neville. He wanted to thank him for everything that he did, such as restarting the D.A. and finishing off Nagini, the final Horcrux. "Hey, Neville," Harry said.

"Hey, Harry," he replied. "What's up?"

Harry needed to thank him for everything that he did, every Gryffindor thing that Neville did. "Neville, I can never thank you enough for taking care of Dumbledore's Army and destroying a Horcrux."

Neville said, "No, Harry, I can never thank you enough for finishing off Voldemort. I often had nightmares of him killing my friends, including you, and my grandmother."

Harry thought about the horrors Neville must have experienced. They were still friends after this, so he thought Neville became really brave there.

"Friends?" Neville asked, holding out his hand.

"Friends," Harry chuckled and he shook Neville's hand.

That night, there was a wild party in the Great Hall. Professor McGonagall, who was now appointed as Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, raised her hands up for silence.

"Ahem. Students of Hogwarts, I would like to thank you all for helping defeat the force of Lord Voldemort and his horrible Death Eaters. I would like to call Mr. Harry Potter, to give us a speech."

Harry looked desperately into Hermione's eyes, hoping she would give him some sort of script, but it never happened. Ron patted his back. "You can do this, mate."

Harry stepped forward to the front, giving the students a speech about 'courage' and 'determination'. The whole school erupted into cheers, except Slytherin House. However, Draco Malfoy was clapping too. What did this mean?

After they had their dinner, Draco approached Harry, who was on his way to the common room. "Harry?"

Harry turned. "Malfoy. What is an overgrown git doing here?"

Draco hesitated. But he knew this was right, so he went on. "Harry, I'm really sorry." Harry replied, "I've never seen you so sorry before." Draco hesitated once more, then he gulped, and said, "Harry, I'm really sorry if I've been horrible to you and your friends these years! I was under the pressure of my father! He told me that I need to be evil just like him, and follow his Death Eater steps, so I was forced to because I was afraid that time. But I regret it! Please, forgive me!"

Harry thought of this for a while. Was he dreaming? No. He wasn't. He felt his body. This must be real. Draco Malfoy was really apologizing.

"Alright, Draco." Draco was relieved at the sound of his first name. "I forgive you."

They shook hands and talked for a while about Harry's signature spell Expelliarmus, and how useful it could be. However they were interrupted by Ginny, who was leaning against a wall. "Harry, I want to talk with you."

Draco smirked. He knew Harry fancied Ginny because he witnessed this in their sixth year, so there was no point in hiding anything from him. "Don't give me that face, Draco," Harry laughed.

"I'll leave you guys, to do some 'things'." Draco continued to smirk at his nicely formed words. "See you next time, Harry." He waved before disappearing to the dungeons.

"So, Ginny. What brings you here?" Harry asked, puzzled.

Ginny smiled. She held out her hand for him to take, and she guided him outside the castle near the lake. There was a romantic dinner table set up there, complete with candles and food. There was a bottle of red wine, two glasses and an ice bucket.

"Ginny, what--"

Harry's sentence was cut off because Ginny launched at him and tackled him to the soft grass, giving him a bone-crushing hug. He had been surprised by this, so after recovering he quickly pulled away.

After he stood up again, he sat on one of the seats set up.

They ate until they got sleepy. They decided to go back to their dormitories. Ginny magically made them disappear.

"I love you, Harry."

"I love you, Ginny."

The two shared a kiss before going to their beds.

In Harry's bedroom

"Hey, Ron."

"Bloody hell, mate, why are you waking me up at midnight?" Ron said, clearly annoyed.

"I have something to ask you," Harry said nervously.

"Yeah, what is that?"

"Do I have permission to be with Ginny?" Harry asked.

Ron's face looked spectacular in the dark. Harry nervously waited for Ron's response. He was pretty sure Ron would punch him in the face, but he did not.

"Okay."

"Thanks, mate." Harry slept easily that night.

The Next Day

Harry had woken up early that morning. He was starving. He tried to sleep again but failed, so he headed into the Great Hall for breakfast. However, bushy hair covered his face completely as Hermione kissed him from out of nowhere.

"Blimey, Hermione!" Harry exclaimed. "At least warn me!"

"Sorry," she said shyly.

"Want to come with me to breakfast?" Harry asked.

"Sure," she replied.

Harry was quite amused when Hermione took his hand and kissed him on the cheek. Hey, he thought. Didn't Hermione have a relationship with Ron?

Hermione fully well knew this, because she obviously didn't move a muscle when Ron cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Yes?" She inquired.

"Why are you holding hands with Harry?!" Ron demanded. He was angry not with Harry, but Hermione.

Hermione looked aghast; she never expected her ex-boyfriend to sneak up behind her and give her some questions.

Ron never got another chance to interrogate her because he saw Ginny half-sobbing, half-angry with Hermione for 'stealing' boyfriends.

"Hermione, we need to talk," she said, coldness in her voice.

"Okay," Hermione replied.

Harry and Ron walked to the Great Hall talking about the encounter.