Promise Me No Promises:10

Start from the beginning

"Who does she like?" Daniel asked.

"I'm not allowed to say because it's not my secret to tell."

We all groaned except for Jonah.

"What? It's true! You can't force me to share a secret that doesn't belong to me."

"Whatever..." Corbyn rolled his eyes and got up to put his bowl in the sink. I followed him.

"Oh and Zach, Deja wanted me to ask you if you remember your promise," Jack said. We all walked over and sat on the couch.

"What promise?" I asked.

"I don't know. All she said was 'Ask Zach if he remembers the promise, tell me what he says'. She wouldn't tell me what the promise was."

"I can't remember a promise..." I tried to remember if I made a promise to her. "I'll just go talk to her."

The doorbell rang and Jonah ran to get it. He walked into the living room with Deja.

"You forgot your phone best friend," She said handing Jack his phone. She looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks," Jack said hugging her. She turned to leave.

"Wait, Deja. What was the promise Jack was talking about?" I asked. She turned and looked at me.

"You don't remember the promise?" I shook my head. She looked angry.

"I'm sorry, I don't."

"I can't believe you. You pinky promised. How could you break a promise that you made up?"

"I'm honestly really sorry, Deja. I'll remember if you tell me what it was." I got up.

"Don't ask me to promise you something if you can't keep your end of the promise..." She rolled her eyes and opened the front door. All the guys were staring.

"Please tell me, I'll never break another one of my promises. I promise." I held out my pinky. She looked at my pinky in disgust.

"You said a promise isn't a promise unless you pinky promise, but in this case, whether or not you promise or pinky promise, you still won't keep your promises," She began to walk out the door, but I grabbed her hand and looked her in the eyes.

"No, I promise I'll keep my promises this time," I begged. "Don't be angry."

"Stop saying you promise and I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed."

"Give me a second chance to prove to you the I know how to keep my promises."

"Fine, promise me no promises," She said running away. I watched her run to her house. It would be useless to run after her. I continued to watch until she walked into her house. She looked at me looking at her before shaking her head and slamming the door shut. I closed the door and sunk down beside it.

"What was the promise?" I buried my face in my hands.

"Whatever it was, it must've been really important or else she wouldn't have run out of the house like that," Daniel said. He sat down next to me. Jonah sat on my other side. Corbyn sat next to Jonah and Jack sat next to Daniel making a complete circle next to the door.

"We're here for you, bro," Jonah said. I looked up at the guys.

"She was the one..." I said. I wiped tears off of my face.

"What?" Jack asked.

"The one?" Corbyn tilted his head and looked at me.

"She's the one that makes me feel like I can do the impossible." Jonah looked at me and so did the rest of the guys.