Four

Harry forgives Louis after not even twenty minutes.

He figures he has to, because prom is the next day and he needs to be on good terms with his date. His mum finds him a beanie that matches his tux, to hide his lack of hair, and he's so happy he has people so supportive.

Louis insists on picking him up, so that's just what he does. He rings the doorbell and Anne answers, ushering Louis in.

Harry comes downstairs, watching Louis' smile widen the more he looks at him. "Hi, love," Louis greets quietly, kissing Harry's forehead. "You look wonderful."

"So do you," Harry giggles. "But, why're you wearing a hat too?"

Louis looks down at his shoes and twists his mouth as Harry folds his hands in front of him. Harry, with furrowed eyebrows and a small frown, stands on his tiptoes and takes the baseball cap off, both him and his mum gasping.

Harry reaches his fingers up slowly, and where his hair had been that morning, softly he touches just skin. Louis looks guilty for some reason, but he's smiling at Harry's wide eyes and adorably confused expression.

"You-" Harry swallows thickly and looks up at Louis. "You shaved your head?"

"I didn't want you to feel alone, Haz," Louis explains, grabbing Harry's hand and kissing the back of it. Harry just stares at him, slowly giving back the baseball cap as his eyes fill with tears.

"You're a sap, you know?" Harry giggles, wiping his eyes and sniffling. Louis smiles and puts his head back on before Harry attacks him in a hug that'll definitely wrinkle both their suits but he doesn't care.

"'M not very good at dancing, Hazza," Louis reminds, staring down at their feet to make sure he doesn't step on Harry's. Harry giggles, feeling Louis' fingertips squeeze his hips as they step in rhythm to the music.

"I think you're wonderful," Harry assures, and he catches Louis grinning from ear to ear at the words.

"I love you, Harry," Louis says in a bit of a softer tone. Harry smiles and removes one of his hands from the back of Louis' neck, lifting Louis' chin and pecking his lips.

"I love you too, Louis," He replies against Louis' lips. And, Harry forgets. Forgets about the cancer, about the chemo treatment he's going to the next day, about the life expectancy his doctor gave him, everything. All he remembers is that he loves Louis.