Chapter 6 The lake

Mel
Today we are celebrating me getting to an 8th grade  level. Adam invited us to his lake for a cookout. Only people who know about me are going to be there so I should be ok. Mom and Dad walk up to the door. Dad knocks on the door and Adam opens the door a crack. "Hey guys please don't be mad but I invited a couple other friends."

Max
He didn't. I barge in angrily and see Barney, Red,Jin, and Shelby. I could see Mel in fear and in sadness. "Adam you had one job! This was supposed to be a party for her not you." I said. Then I realized I was yelling. I took a breath and calmed myself down. I look at Mel, " Is it  ok if we tell them. They were going to find out eventually." She looks up and nods. "Can you do it? I'm scared. "  She said as she hides behind me. I remember when she first told us. How she was afraid of being unloved. So I explained and they didn't believe me till Mel showed them her tail. They weren't even a tiny bit afraid of her. They loved her when she's human and they still do.

Mel
I was so relived when they smiled at me. I thought for sure they would hate me. I'm still loved. I was so happy I ran to lake and jumped in. Forgetting that I had never swam with a tail before. It all went...blue? I didn't drown. Instead I was breathing. I propelled up and told them what happened. After that we just had fun. And I actually ate dinner tonight. I say this day was a complete success.