14 Nathan: Amusement

Fourteen

Nathan: Amusement

We were still driving, our tour starts in New York, and then we work our way back home. Brody and I were playing guitar, there was nothing else to do. Seth decided to join in and sing, which prompted Keah to pull out Seth's tambourine and join. Amber grabbed some maracas, and she and Keah had this sick combination going. Whitney sort of just looked at us from across the room. I stood up and set my guitar down. She looked almost frightened when I walked over to her.

"Does this happen a lot?" She asked.

"Almost every day." I said, honestly.

"Oh."

"You get used to it."

"Hopefully?" she said it as a question.

I smiled, "might as well join in. Everyone else is."

"I guess..." She said, standing up and walking toward the group.

I followed, and picked my guitar up on the way. I joined in the song again. I smiled at Whitney, encouraging her to grab one of the many instruments that we kept on the bus with us. It was my turn in the song to sing. I had been expecting the harmony to come from Seth, but the voice was a girls. I glanced up, startled. Whitney was singing. A huge smile came across my face; Whitney's answering smile was just as big. We kept singing. Whitney had a great voice, and it went together perfectly with mine. It was like our voices were meant to sing together. That sounds so lame, I know, but it's true. The song finished, and I turned to Whitney.

"You didn't tell me you could sing!" I accused.

"I didn't think it was very important."

"Why not?"

"It never came up, and plus, I'm not that good." She looked down.

"Are you kidding? You're great!" I exclaimed.

Whitney beamed, "Thanks."

Mom, dad, and Levi had decided to join us, so we could drop them off in New Jersey to visit family and friends. We were on the highway in Ohio, when all of a sudden Levi jumped up and yelled, "Stop the bus!" and pointed out the window.

"What is it?" mom asked, worried.

"Amusement!" He screamed.

We all stared at him as if he were insane.

"Park." He finished. "Amusement park."

"Oh." Seth said, "Yeah! Let's go!"

"Do you know how many Parker brother fans will be there?" My mom said, always the reasonable one.

"We'll rent it out for the day." Levi exclaimed.

Everyone laughed. "Your brothers may be rock stars, but renting it out on this short of notice is definitely farfetched." Dad said.

"We'll wear disguises!" Seth jumped with excitement.

"That might actually work." Brody said.

"Yeah, and everyone wears hats and sunglasses to amusement parks. We won't stand out at all." I agreed, trying to stay logical.

Dad looked at mom. "Oh fine." She said.

Levi let out a loud "Yahoo!" and Seth jumped so high, that he hit his head on the roof of the bus. We all burst out laughing, except Seth, who was trying to act as if he were really hurt. None of us were buying it.

I walked around trying to find hats and sunglasses for Brody, Seth, Levi, and me. The girls didn't need them, and my parents were going to stay on the bus. After about fifteen minutes we found hats and sunglasses for all of us boys.

The bus dropped us off at the far side of the parking lot, if anyone were to see our bus that would be the end of our fun day at the amusement park. We walked across the parking lot. We made it to the front gate unnoticed. So far, so good. We gave Amber the money and she bought the tickets for all of us. If one of us guys had bought them, the girl at the ticket booth might have recognized our voices. We made it inside the park, totally unscathed. The big sign in front of the fountain at the front of the park read "Kings Island.". Whitney grabbed a park map, and began to examine it.

"Where should we go first? Whitney asked. I looked over her shoulder and scanned the map.

"Diamond Back." I said, choosing the most intense looking roller coaster on the map. Whitney looked at me and smiled; my stomach lurched. "I agree with Nathan!" Whitney declared.

Seth grabbed another map from the stand. "I'm on board with that." He said.

Amber took another map, "I do not want to go on that." She said.

"Alright, you four," Brody said, pointing to me, Whitney, Seth, and Keah, "can go off and hang out. Amber and I will take Levi. Keep your cell phones on and check them after every ride." Everyone promised to do as he said. We said our goodbyes after setting a meet-up time (11:00pm, when the park closes) and place (the Kings Island sign at the front of the park, by the fountain), and we went our separate ways.

The line for Diamond Back was long, but since the ride was so fast, the line went by fast. Hours passed and it was beginning to get dark. Seth and Keah had left us after about the fifth ride. Whitney and I had ridden almost everything. We were in line to ride Delerium again, a ride that spins and flips you upside down, when Seth called and said that Levi was missing. I thought it was a joke at first, how could Brody and Amber lose Levi? Seth answered that question for me. "Keah and I met up with them and Levi said he wanted to go with us. So Brody said he could, as long as we kept a close eye on him."

"and you were incapable of doing even that?" I asked.

"It's not my fault. He said he had to go to the bathroom, so I let him. We got hungry so Keah and I went to get Chick-Fil-A, and when we got back, Levi was gone."

"Oh, yeah. Not your fault you left an eight year old by himself, as soon as you got hungry. Not your fault at all."

"Shut up!" Seth Commanded, he sounded on the verge of tears.

"Sorry." I said, now feeling bad for giving him such a hard time. "What did Brody say to do?"

"I didn't call Brody..." He admitted shamefully.

"Seth! Are you crazy? How could you have not called him?"

"I didn't want him to think I'm not responsible enough to take care of my own brother."

"Evidently, you're not!" I yelled through the phone, "Where are you guys? I'm coming there."

"We're by the bathroom near the Italian Job."

"Okay, wait there! See you in a few." And with that I hung up.

I looked at the map and saw that we were on the other side of the park from where he was talking about. Whitney could tell I was frantic; I explained to her on the way.

We finally got to where Seth had said he was and we found him and Keah sitting on a bench. Seth looked green. He jumped up when he saw us.