Chapter 13: The Hotel

Start from the beginning

"Good fucking Lord! Warn a guy next time would you!"

Okay. This time I can't hold it in anymore.

I started laughing so hard that I had to hold my stomach. Oh my gosh his face! It was priceless. He jumped back and started failing his arms. He looked like he was trying to imitate a ninja!

"Yeah yeah. Laugh it up." Zale growled as he continued to walk.

"Oh my gosh. That was priceless." I continued to laugh as I  wiped a tear from my eye. "Hey wait up!"

Zale stopped walking and I accidentally ran into his back.

"Warn a girl next time would ya." I fired his words right back at him as I rubbed my nose.

He turned around and studied me. "Wait a minute."

"What?" I asked confused as I wiggled my nose around. Just have to make sure it's not broken. His back feels like a damn wall.

"Why do you look familiar?" Zale asked quietly before his eyes got wide. "Holy shit!"

Well I can tell you. Shit is not holy one bit.

"What?" I asked again.

"I met you before!" He remembered. "In town. I accidentally ran into your shoulder! That's why I felt those sparks."

I was confused until I remembered that day. That was the day Kenword wanted to go to Dairy Queen and get ice cream.

I nodded. "Sorry about not telling you about that."

"Part of the whole 'people can't know we exist' thing?" Zale asked laughing as I nodded. "I got ya. It's okay."

I smiled and kept walking next to him. I really love how Zale is so understanding. I'm pretty sure my feelings for him just increased by, well a lot. This is kind of scaring me.

The walk to his pack house was surprisingly short. But damn was the house huge! It honestly looks like it could be used for a hotel.

Zale smiled at me before he opened the door. I stepped in after him and saw everyone was outlined in gold.

"Zale hunny?" Cece asked quietly as she looked around the corner. "Who is this?"

Zale was about to speak up, but I beat him. "Hi. My name is Kate. I was taking a walk and got lost in the woods and this kind man told me about a hotel that his family owned. You must be his mother."

Cece smiled widely as I walked up to her and shook her hand. "Oh, it's very nice to meet you, Kate. Yes. This is our hotel."

I laughed to myself as I watched her try to play along with this lie that I just made up.

"Cece?" A male voice asked.

I looked to my right and saw Doug standing there with Harvey and Sterling.

Harvey and Sterling both had shocked faces. I'm pretty sure they both remembered me.

"Hey guys!" Zale called as Harvey and Sterling reluctantly tore their eyes off of me and landed on Zale. "Can you guys please help me get one of the rooms ready for Kate."

They looked back at me and nodded before they both turned around and followed Zale.

"Hi sweetie." Cece smiled. "Kate this is my husband, Doug."

"His sir." I smiled as I shook his hand. "It's very nice to meet you."

Again.

"Hi there, Kate." Doug mumbled as he tried to hide his confusion with a smile.