The Captain's Lady| Captain Salazar & Freya

Start from the beginning

His eyes fluttered slightly at the warmth of her touch. Ignoring their audience, he placed his hand over hers and pulled it forward to place a single kiss against the inside of her wrist. "I am as well amor."

Her lips quirked into a soft smile. "I take that as meaning this voyage was successful."

He smirked, "of course mi amor. As always, we held victory against any pirate ship we crossed." The venom in his voice when he said 'pirate' sent a tingle down Freya's spine. A fact he knew as well from the shiver he felt travel along her body. "None were a match for us."

She shook her head in amusement. "I doubt few are." She placed her hand against his chest and leaned up. "I love the determination you posses," she whispered before placing a gentle, teasing kiss on his lips. She pulled back and was about to drop her hand from his coat when he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her against him. Her eyes snapped to his, "your crew is still behind us Armando."

"Sí, they are. This is nothing they have not seen before." He smirked again and brushed his lips against hers. Hearing laughs and a few whistles coming from behind them, Salazar turned to his crew. "Suficiente! Adelante, ahora."

The crew jumped at their capitan's order. They quickly gathered themselves and left in different direction toward the village. A few sent bashful looks at Freya before leaving.

"So commanding," she said as she ran her hand down the buttons of his coat. Biting her lip, she leaned closer, "I like it." Then she pulled back completely and slipped out of his hold. "Now then, you should go celebrate with your men." She started walking away from him towards a quieter part of the village. She glanced over her shoulder to see him watching her. Smirking, she stopped, "or you could come with me."

Salazar shook his head and laughed. "You are a minx, querida." He then followed her as she lead him to the small inn she was staying in.

The crew were right about not seeing their captain. They only briefly saw him and lady Freya pass through before they disappeared. While the crew were enjoying themselves in drinking and socializing, their proud captain and his lady were enjoying each other.

It was early the next morning, just as the sun was about to rise, when Salazar arose. He dressed in the under layers of his uniform, his pants and white shirt. His hair was left down to hang around his shoulders. Here he could feel comfortable being less than perfectly composed as he is any other time. He wasn't a well known captain with Freya; he was more relaxed. With her, he felt free.

Standing under the arch of the window, he looked away from the world outside to the woman of his thoughts. She was still sleeping deeply on her side facing him. Her hair was splayed out behind her with a few loose strands hanging on her face. He watched the gentle rising and falling of her chest before his gaze traveled along her bare shoulder to her slender neck and back to her peaceful face.

Walking over to the side of the bed, he ran his finger over her arm. He moved the loose strand of hair away from her face so he could see it properly. A soft smile formed on his face as he gently ran his finger over her soft cheek.

 A soft smile formed on his face as he gently ran his finger over her soft cheek

She was truly a beauty to behold. At times like these he was unsure what he did to deserve her. Such a lovely young woman as her would be with a young and becoming man. But here she was, waiting patiently for his return each time he went away. He was truly lucky.

And he would treasure her for as long as she would allow him to. She was his lady and he didn't have any plans to give her up now. And when the time is right, she will become his permanently, in the proper manner. For now, he was bound to his duty and to the sea. This arrangement will be more than enough for them until that time comes.

AN: I was so excited to write this! I loved Captain Salazar (and Javier Bardem) in the new POC movie.

✌🏻🌸