"Let's go," Zeb repeated. He crossed his arms and gave Kahn a fixed stare.

Reluctantly nodding, the leader took his gang and left, but not before giving Jayden another black look. "This isn't over, mutt."

"Thanks," Jayden muttered gratefully to James. "I owe you one."

"You always do," was Jame's only response. Then he spun on his heel and climbed into his sleek, black car.

"So I guess I'm walking home again, then?" Jayden called to the receding tail lights. "Perfect. The cherry on top of a wonderful day." He scoffed and stooped to pick up the things that had fallen during the brawl with the belligerent Kahn.

"Hey," he heard behind him. He turned and stared at a beautiful woman sitting on a motorcycle with a glorious mane of flowing, golden hair.

Confused, Jayden glanced over both his shoulders. "You talking to me?" He had to be sure before he made a fool out of himself.

The girl raised her eyebrows. "'Course I'm talking to you; you're the only one here."

His ears perked up pleasantly at the sound of her smooth voice. "Sorry, I just thought-"

"Do you need a ride?" she interrupted.

"You want to give me a ride?" he asked dubiously.

"Why are you asking all these dumb questions?" She rolled her sparkling, hazel eyes, sounding entirely exasperated. "Do you need a ride or not?"

"Um, yeah."

"Then get on." Quickly obeying, he slid onto the miniscule space behind her, awkwardly clinging to the bottom of his seat. The girl purposefully revved the engine powerfully, giving the bike a bit of a jerk and successfully scaring Jayden enough to fling his arms forward to grab her waist. She snorted and kicked up the stand.

"Michelle," she introduced as they glided down the street at a much faster pace than Jayden would've like.

"I'm Jayden," he replied, holding out his hand to hers. She gave him a strange look. "Right, you're driving."

"You can take a hit pretty well," she complimented. "Not even bruised."

He shrugged, leaning forward to better hear her. "Eh, I'm used to it."

"Was that your twin?"

"One of them. There's four of us," he elaborated.

"And you don't have a car because...?"

"My dad doesn't want to buy me one. He doesn't think I deserve it." He changed the subject. "So how come I haven't seen you around before?"

"I'm the new kid, haven't you heard?"

"No. In high school, the new kid isn't that big of a deal. Unless you're really hot."

"Are you implying I'm not hot?"

"No!" Jayden exclaimed. "No, no I'm not. In fact, you should probably look out. Some will attack you."

"So you're saying we attend an academy that contains vicious children that hurt good looking people?"

"Um, more like horny jocks."

She peeked at him out of the corner of her eye. "You're funny. Where am I taking you?"

"Turn right here. I'm not kidding," he continued, clutching tighter to her leather jacket as the bike bounced over a speed bump. "Those guys will fall to their knees to be with you." He scoffed derisively, rolling his deep, brown eyes. "Idiots."