He Looks...Different

*hermione pov*
Hermione found Dumbledore's office and went in to explain.
She told him about coming back in time to stop Voldemort from making horcruxes.
"Well, I will get you sorted and you are now Hermione de lon Crei, a transfer from Beauxbatons." He said. Hermione nodded and headed into her robes and into the Great Hall.

"de lon Crei, Hermione?" A young Minerva McGonagall called. Hermione swallowed and went up to the stool.
The Sorting Hat was placed on her curly hair.
"Hmmm, interesting. Bravery of a Gryffindor, wit of a Ravenclaw, but...you've got some ambition and cunning. SLYTHERIN!!"
Hermione almost fell over. She was breathless and shocked, but slightly relieved. This would make her job a whole lot easier.
She went over to the Slytherin table and saw someone had scooted over to make space for her.
Taking the spot on the bench, Hermione turned to greet the stranger.
"Hello, I'm Hermione Grange- de la Crei. And you are?" She asked, outstretching a hand.
"Tom. Tom Riddle." He returned, shaking her hand gently.
Her brown eyes widened.
*tom pov*

  Hermione's brown eyes widened.
"What's wrong?" I ask, slightly concerned for the pretty girl sitting next to me.
"Oh, nothing! It's just I thought I had heard that name before. Anyways, want to walk to the common room with me?" Hermione asked shyly.
  I smiled and stood, taking her hand. "Oh of course, my Lady de la Crei!" I said dramatically. Hermione giggled and stood, then did a curtsy. Her laugh and smile were both so beautiful... What?! What the hell was I thinking?! I am tom Riddle! I shouldn't be thinking these things about fellow student! I scolded myself.
  On the way down to the Slytherin common room I told her about myself, and she listened intently.
"Well, Tom, I don't know why people say those awful things! That's simply horrible!" She said when I told her what the other children had said about me.
  "Thank you, hermione. Ah! Here we are!" I exclaimed when we reached the door. I had been so distracted by talking with her that I didn't realize we'd arrived.
"Now, listen closely to the password." I instructed. Hermione nodded.
  "Gryffindor sucks!"
The door opened. I heard hermione start to laugh and I smiled at her.
  We walked into the empty common room and I went over and sat on the green sofa. Hermione followed and sat next to me.
The fire had died down to coals when we finished talking. Hermione yawned and I lied on the couch with my head on the arm of the chair.
  She paused a few seconds then laid next to me, facing the fireplace. I smile and put an arm around her waist.
  *hermione pov*

  Tom's arm wrapped around my waist and I start to relax instead of tense. It felt at home there, oddly.
  I stared into the fire and right before drifting off to sleep I feel tom gently kissing the back of my head and whispering,
"Good night, 'Mione."
Nobody ever called me that, but it was nice when he said it. Hopefully I never have To go back...