Sleepy

Hinata hadn't been able to sleep well for quite some time now, due to nightmares of the time he was bullied in school, normally he could brush them off easily because he had real friends now but tonight his nightmares got worse. "You're a waste of our time !" or "You're useless!" even "We would be better without you!", he was dreaming his team was saying that to him even Kageyama; even though each time he woke up reality stroke him and he remembered it was all  his mind playing tricks on him, Hinata couldn't keep himself from wondering if it was all true if his friends actually thought of him that way. As a liability, this thought kept him awake most of the night, eating him away.

When Hinata, eventually, fell into a peaceful sleep, he was soon awakened by a restless knock on the door, he tried to ignore it but failed, so he dragged himself to the door to be presented with a very angry looking Kageyama "Dumbass! I told you to meet me an hour ago!" "I, uh, was just leaving." Hinata obviously lied and knew the other wasn't going to buy it " Really! you were gonna leave with no shirt and no shoes?" Kageyama was expecting an annoyed come back from the other back what he go got was "Sorry, Kageyama.Um... Come in." surprised but still annoyed Kageyama said" It's ok. We still have time, so hurry up! And don't forget your bag." the orange puff mumbled a "yeah" leaving the raven haired boy in the living room wondering what was wrong with him.

They had left Hinata's house and were now eating ramen. The usually hyperactive boy was extremely quiet, Kageyama wasn't exactly social so he didn't really know how to start a conversation nor did he know how to ask Hinata what was wrong gently; even though he enjoyed the silence it was so awkward that even the setter felt the need to break the silence "What's wrong with you Hinata?" cursing himself for asking him this he wondered if it was too blunt or to straight to the point, "I-I, well I didn't sleep well, that's all." before Kageyama could ask anything else "Oh! Hey guys, how are ya?" he was interrupted by Nishinoya who was accompanied by Takana  and Asahi who were getting their food while Noya found a table " Ah, we're ok thank you Noya-senpai." Hinata said leaving the libero speechless due to the honorific. Kageyama wanted to ask Hinata more about why he was acting so off because " not sleeping well" wasn't all of it, but even the unsociable male knew better than asking him when the group was larger. He decided to ask Sugawara for advice since he was normally the one who dealt with problems of this kind. Still, he didn't like the feeling of powerlessness, he wanted to help his friend. He had grown a soft spot for the decoy, and not having him act normally was how could he put it? Unsettling.

                                                                                            ***

"Suga-san, can I talk to you?"  "Yeah? What is it?" Kageyama stopped and thought for a second "Um... in private?" he said pointing at the volleyball team who was checking if they didn't miss anything important "Sure. Let's go to my room."

Sugawara's room was decorated with some volleyball posters, but overall it was simple. There was an awkward silence creeping in the air, and Suga was patiently yet uncomfortably waiting for the other to break it but realized he didn't know how to so he tried to help "Can you tell me what's wrong Kageyama?" "Ah! So how do I say this? You know Hinata, he's been, well, acting odd he told me he didn't sleep well but I don't think that's all he looks sad. What should I do? I want to help him but I dunno how." the silver haired boy took some time to think and then he smiled warmly "Kageyama, I think you should give him time...Tell him you're there for him if he wants to talk if he does then great! If he doesn't then I'll see what I can do." he said leading him to the others and pointing at Hinata who sat on the sofa reading a magazine.

Kageyama wasn't really expecting Suga to tell him that still he thanked the setter, and did as he said.

Remind him again of why was he doing this for the orange haired boy?Ah! That's right because he loves him, he might not show it but he was head over heels for the shorty and would do anything to help him.

Kageyama sat down next to his friend, staying quiet for quite a while to re-organize his thoughts. The team was putting their stuff inside Sugawara's mom's van, she had agreed to drive them to the train station. Now was his chance to speak to Hinata without worrying about the others, so he started "Hinata, I don't know what's wrong but I know something is." he sighed "I'm not saying you have to tell me what it is right now ... But I want you to know I'm here for you, so if you wanna talk I'll listen." it took some time but, eventually, Hinata said "Thank you." and with that they both went to the car.

                                                                                   ***

The car ride was short and noisy, Noya and Takana wouldn't shut up about how amazing this summer would be.

Once in the train Suga made sure that the freaky duo would sit together, he had obviously filled Daichi in about everything Kageyama had told him, as you see they both shipped them really bad.

Somehow sitting next to Kageyama was comforting he could watch the landscape go by like a movie listening to the music from his friend's headphones, it was all so calming, so relaxing and somewhere along the line, he closed his eyes drifting into a peaceful sleep, replaying the sweet words Kageyama had said to him earlier.

The raven haired boy felt a weight on his shoulder, he looked to the side to see the most adorable sight of all. A sleeping Hinata. He could swear he looked like an angel, but then it hit him none other than Hinata's head was on his shoulder, his face was as red as a ruby, his heart was beating faster than the train they were on, he had to do something to calm himself down or he would wake up Hinata 'Maybe I could try to sleep?' he thought laying his jacket over them; placing his head on top of Hinata's, copying his breathing in an attempt to slow his heartbeat down, and to his surprise it worked eventually he also fell asleep.