Sal x Reader-Meet Cute

Annoying- rewritten & renamed

(How you met)

   You were walking in the park one day, en route to a coffee shop, with the hopes of getting some work done. It was a sunny day, not too hot, and while walking you suddenly felt a sharp, minor pain on your heel.

   "Excuse me?" You turned around, surprised.

   "Hi..." Droned a man holding an RC remote. He had stubble and glasses, and looked to be about your age. You definitely thought he was kind of cute.

   "Hi..can I help you with something?" You half-smiled at the man, confused and a little nervous.

   "N-no, I don't think so, ma'am. Thank you though!" The man laughed, a wheezy sound, but it didn't sound directed at you, more like it was a joke only he understood.

   "Alright then," you started walking away, giving him a nervous smile, "You have a good day, sir."
Continuing on to your destination, the pain in your heel subsided, but you tripped over something almost immediately after you put your first foot down. "Wha-?" It was the toy truck again! Big surprise, you thought to yourself, and turned back around to face the man. "Do you need someone to teach you how to drive that thing?" No ill will behind your words, you began walking closer to help him work his toy.

   "No, I know how to work it, watch!" He laughed, and the truck started doing sloppy circles around you, hitting you on occasion. You laughed with him, and started to speed walk around the park, being chased by the truck.

   "Ok, ok!! You know how to work it, I believe you!" You ended up next to him and snatched the remote from his hands. Fiddling with the controls, you exclaimed, "This controller doesn't even work! How in the world are you maneuvering that thing...?"
The man looked lost, like he had not expected you to actually get your hands on the toy, a loss for words, explanation, and composure. He started laughing, brought his hand to his ear, and said, "Guys, I think it's time to come clean."

   "What does that mean?" You asked, hearing footsteps approach. It was a group of three other men, who looked around your same age, laughing and elbowing each other as they came closer.

   "Sal, how did you let her get your remote?!" One of the men, shorter and balding, teased from a distance.

  So, his name is Sal, you thought, good to know. "I guess I'm just too quick for you, huh, Sal?" You gave him a friendly smile, returned the remote, and asked, "So, what's going on here...?"

    "You're on T.V., miss," Said a taller man with shaggy hair, clapping Sal on the back, then going to shake your hand. "My name is Q, and these are the Impractical Jokers. It's nice to meet you." All of the guys took their turn introducing themselves, and finally, they described the hidden camera show that you had just been spontaneously featured on. The challenge with the truck was that Sal wasn't allowed to apologize to you, while one of the other cast members controlled the toy from afar, which explained why Sal's controller didn't work.

"That's so interesting! I've heard some friends talk about your show before, but I haven't watched it. It's a really neat premise." You were now all sitting in a recording studio, a little 'headquarters' of sorts, so that you could sign some waivers, some papers saying you consent to having your face shown on television, and things to that effect. Sitting next to Sal, so he could show you where to sign, you followed his instructions and finished all the paperwork.

   "I'm sorry about all that," He smiled, "It's good that you had fun though. Didn't mean to take you away from your work."

   "Trust me, the day I've had was better than anything else I was gonna do." The two of you looked at each other and you swear you saw him blush, but he looked away pretty quickly.

   "Did you wanna, maybe, stick around for filming, get drinks after?" Sal looked over at the guys. "I'm sure they won't mind."

   Work could wait, right? He was cute, and obviously pretty funny, not to mention you had already spent a good amount of time away from work today. "I'd love to. Work can definitely wait."

   It turned out to be a lovely day, and you didn't regret hanging out one bit. The guys were fun, charismatic, and Sal turned out to be even more interesting than you thought. Between takes, you talked about your families, your common interests, and even super duper basic stuff like your favorite colours. Sal ended up being that episode's loser, and during his punishment, you sat in the back with the boys, laughing your ass off at his screaming and disgusted reactions.

   When Sal came back to you, he was wide eyed, and exasperated, obviously still wired from his punishment. "I cannot believe you were laughing with them! You didn't even try to stand up for me!" He gave you a friendly, soft punch on the shoulder, and you chuckled at him.

   "Look, I'm sorry, but when you're screaming like a baby, how can I not laugh?!" You grinned, loving the banter that you two were having with one another. "We done here? What else is there to do?"

   Sal looked at you, thinking, and said, "The guys and I usually leave after shooting on a long day. We could head to the bar now, if you still wanna come with us."

   You studied his eyes, looking for any signs of mal intent, but you found nothing but the hint of a smile. "I would love to come." He smiled and took your hand, helping you up, then he called the rest of the guys.

   "We're headed to Charley's! See you soon," He said loudly. You started walking where he led you, and eventually you ended up at a small bar by the park the boys were shooting in.

    When you arrived, you drank slowly all night, but it picked up when the rest of the crew arrived, Q turning it into a drinking competition with you to see who could hold the alcohol better. The night began to blur, laughter and arms around shoulders smearing your memory. In the morning, you didn't remember anything from the excitement of the night, but you woke up in an unfamiliar bed, next to a sleeping Sal, and that gave you all the information you needed.