Second Afterlife Chapter 18

July 17. Day of the wedding.

--------Karin's POV--------

I can't believe it. The day has finally come. Today is the day that I will become Karin Hitsugaya. Man, I am so nervous. Then I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." It was Rangiku.

"Come on, Karin. We have to get you ready. There is only two hours until the ceremony. Guess who I brought to help out with the make-up." Now I am a little scared. I have no idea who she brought with her.

Then Yumichika stepped into the room. "Come on, Karin. Let's go get your make up ready." Then we walked into a room where Yumichika would do my make-up.

When Yumichika was almost done with my make-up, there was a knock on the door. I turned to see my mother at the door. A smile crept onto my face. "Mom." She came over to mend hugged me.

"I missed you, Karin." she said to me. I smiled while trying to fight back the tears. Yumichika would be mad at me if I ruined the make-up.

"I missed you, too, Mom." I hugged her even tighter.

"Let me get a look at my little girl." She took a long look at my face. "Karin, you are so beautiful. Even without the make-up that Yumichika put on your face, you would look beautiful." Then the Soul Reaper from squad 11 coughed to show us that it hurt his feelings. "Sorry, it does make her look even nicer though." Then Mom left so I could finish getting ready.

1 hour later

Finally, it is time for me to walk down the aisle. "Are you ready my little Karin?" Dad asked me. I nodded. The music began and Dad and I walked down the aisle to the alter.

I saw Toshiro looking as handsome as ever. He cleans up so nicely. Most of the ceremony is a blur. The only thing I remember is the last few minutes. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Then Toshiro and I kissed like we have never kissed before. It may have been short, but there was something about it that was different.

When we got outside, everyone was throwing rice. I now that it is a little cliché, but that is what Toshiro and I wanted. We stepped into the limousine and were off to the Kurosaki clinic for the reception.

At the reception, everyone admired the cake. "Wow, this cake looks amazing. What is that at the top?" Momo asked.

I smiled before answering her. "That is a sugar model of my Toshiro's Hyorinemaru. Pretty neat, huh, Momo?" I asked her. She nodded.

Throughout the night, everyone admired the cake. We got so many compliments on the sugar Hiyorinemaru. Before the night ended, Ichigo and I danced.

"So, are you still mad at me for marrying Toshiro?" I asked him. I knew what he was going to say.

"NO. At first I was. That was only because I thought that he would hurt you in some way. Now I realize that he is the one and only person that I can really trust with my little si..." Our conversation ended when we heard a couple of gunshots that came from a couple of feet away.

TO THE NEXT PART

--------This story is going to be continued in another book. The title of it is Our Ups and Downs. It is much better than it seems.--------