Second Afterlife Chapter 17

--------Ichigo's POV--------

I can't believe what I am seeing. Karin and Toshiro are kissing. I thought that Karin is getting married. Wait a minute. She is marrying Toshiro. That is it, I am going to come in and talk to them. As of saying that, I barge through the door to go into Urahara's shop.

Everyone looks at me with shock. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE, ICHIGO!" Karin screams at me. I look at her and Toshiro with disgust.

"I should ask Toshiro why his lips are on my sister's." Then I stare at him as angry as I can. "Get away from Karin." Then Toshiro puts Karin behind his back.

"No way, Kurosaki. You should be happy for your sister. She found someone she wants to spend her life with." Toshiro tells me.

"I would be happy if you would have just told me. You two decided to keep it a secret. I am a very understanding person unless there are things kept from me." I scold not just them, but everyone else in the room. They kept this from me too.

"Ichigo, they only kept this from you because you might act like this. Karin and Toshiro didn't want to keep this from you. They really wanted to tell you. Karin told Toshiro that you might act this way if you found out." Kisuke told me.

--------Toshiro's POV--------

Kisuke explained everything quite well. "He is right, Ichigo. We didn't tell you because we didn't want you to freak out. The only reason that everyone here knows is because of Kisuke." I told the Substitute Soul Reaper.

"What are you talking about, because of Kisuke? You mean that he knew about this? Did you tell him, Toshiro?" Ichigo asked me.

"Yes, Ichigo. I told Kisuke about this because I wouldn't be able to keep this from him for a long time. Kisuke told most of the people who know. The only people he didn't tell is your dad, Yuzu, and Byakuya. I will explain it all to you later." I told him. I could tell by the look on his face that he still didn't understand completely.

Then Ichigo turned to his sister. "I am sorry, Karin. I don't know what came over me. I guess that I was just mad that I can't be trusted. One thing that I don't understand is why Dad can be trusted, but not me."

That made Karin giggle. "Let's just say that dad...grew a little." Ichigo still didn't understand, but he went along with it.

"Wait," Ichigo said when he interrupted the silence. "I thought that a tradition in our family was to not let the bride and groom see each other 10 days before the wedding."

"You're right, Ichigo." said Isshin. "That is a tradition. However, Yuzu and I saw how much it hurt your sister to not see Captain Hitsugaya. We decided to let them see each other. We knew that if it was killing Karin, it was killing Toshiro even more." Then Isshin gave me a smile.

The I spoke up. "Well there is one thing that we still need to do." Everyone looked at me confused. "We still need to get the cake." Karin nodded and we left to go get the wedding cake.

--------Karin's POV--------

When we reached the place where we would order the cake, I was overwhelmed with all different smells. There was vanilla, buttermilk, chocolate, strawberries, and many more. We reached the front desk where a relatively young woman stood. "Hello. Welcome to Casey's Cakes. What are you here for?"

"We are here for a wedding cake." Toshiro told the woman. I never noticed how calm he can be in certain situations.

"Very good. Now what kind of cake do you want. Do you want chocolate, vanilla, half-and-half, or marble?" She asked us. I could tell that she wanted us to choose marble. I don't know why.

"Toshiro, why don't we choose marble." He nodded. He knew that if he disagreed with me, he would never hear the end of this. "We will go with marble."

"Splendid! Now, do you want buttermilk or whipped frosting?" she asked us.

It took Toshiro and I about five minutes before we decided. "We will go with buttermilk." Toshiro told her. I am so amazed with how much he can change from angry, to nice and calm.

"OK, now what kind of designs do you want on the cake?" We didn't have to say anything. Toshiro and I have had the design of the cake planned out for quite some time.

"We want you to decorate the cake with these." Toshiro told her. He handed her a piece of paper that had designs of different swords on it. Specifically, designs of Zanpakutos from Ichigo, Shunsui, Urahara, Renji, and Rukia. I honestly thought it brought back many memories.

"OK,his many of each sword do you want on the cake?" The woman asked us.

"Put five of each sword on there." I told her. "Can you also put a dragon an there that looks like it is made of ice?" I asked her. Toshiro looked shocked.

"Yes. Do you want it made out of sugar or cake?" she asked me. I could tell that she didn't know why I requested this strange item put on the cake.

"Make it out of sugar. It will look much more authentic." I wanted it to look as much like Toshiro's Hiyorinemaru. "Just a question, do you want a sketch of this dragon?" She nodded. "Ok , I will bring by a picture of the dragon tomorrow."

"Oh, my. I forgot to ask you. How many tiers do you want?" I knew that this woman would have her work cut out for her to make this cake.

"I want five tiers. Put one of each of the swords on each tier. Can you do that?" She nodded.

"OK, now when is this cake supposed to be delivered, and where?" she knew that it was going to be hard to transport this cake.

"July 17 at the Kurosaki clinic by 4:00." Toshiro told her. I knew that she was relieved. This cake shop is only a couple of blocks from the clinic.

"OK' we will have it there on time." I smiled at her. I knew that she was very happy to work on this cake. Then we left the cake shop to go back to Urahara's shop.

TO THE NEXT PART