He stands and offers to go get something to drink for Ruri. She must be exhausted by now. He exits the waiting room to go to a nearby vending machine. Two men clad in suits are standing nearby. They're talking in low voices and he minds his own business until one of them receives a call.

"Very well." He says in a formal tone. There's no doubt about it then. Inform the news channels that the commissioner will make a public statement shortly." He turns to another man and says, "The bomber's identity has been confirmed."

The girl enters an apartment. She takes off her coat and sits on a sofa, burying her head in her hands.

"Nakahara." A woman enters the room. She has an annoyed expression on her face. She stands in front of her.

"Your name is on every news channel." She rests her hands on her hips.

The girl lifts her head. "Thank you for believing me, Namie-san."

Namie crosses her arms. She scoffs. "That's only because it happened before my eyes. Don't think I'm favoring you. I expect something in return." Something like having Mika Harima killed. She exits the room. "I suggest you don't go outside until you have a plan. Besides. If Orihara finds out I'm hiding you under his nose then he's going to come after me too. And he's annoying enough as it is."

Nakahara Midori nods. She slumps in her seat and rubs her temple. Half of Ikebukuro must be after her head now. Actually; she draws in shaky breath; it doesn't matter even if all of Ikebukuro is after her, because she (allegedly) hurt the most important people of the two most dangerous men in the city!

She's as good as dead.

And she's stuck in this enormous city, away from her home with only a single ally.

Six months ago

Midori got off the taxi, suitcase in hand. She was here. In Ikebukuro. Unknown city. Unknown country! Although Japan was her birthplace, and most of her family was here, she never stayed long. She'd visit occasionally, on holidays and other special occasions, but ever since she'd moved to the UK with her mother at the age of 12, she'd never found the appeal to go back. Too crowded, and she'd always visit in the summer when it was scorching hot; when she fundamentally preferred the cool and always rainy atmosphere of London.

She rolled her suitcase along the sidewalk, a paper slip in hand. The address of her new residence. The city sure was big, and so full of life.

And hot.

It was mid-summer, and she was already regretting leaving the cool taxi and opting to familiarize with the area by walking to her new place.

Wiping a bead of sweat from her upper lip she looked around for a café of some sort. Sadly, all she could see were clothing boutiques and décor shops.

She reached the end of the pavement and landed on an intersection. Reading the sign on the street; thank god that it was written in both English and Japanese; (though she could speak Japanese quite fluently, her understanding of the alphabet was horrible), it read in bold letters that 'Sunshine City' was left. Midori made a mental note to go there later. For now, she turned right, which led to a small market.

Continuous walking and dragging her suitcase was making her right arm hurt. Oh well, she thought, at least the rest of her luggage would be delivered directly to her place and at least she didn't have jet lag.

She reached the middle of the market and decided to go to a super store. Best to buy the essentials first. Although the cashier did give her a dubious look when she saw her holding a suitcase.