Say you won't leave

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm not gonna say a word but I think you need to at least talk to him. You two have barely spoken to each other." Isaac shrugged.

-

Stiles was reading one of the druid books on herbs Deaton had given him when Derek walked over taking a seat next to Stiles at the table.

"Hey." Derek spoke simply.

"Hey." Stiles responded not looking away from the book.

"Look, things have been tense around here and especially between us." Derek sighed. "I want to go back to being the way we were before." Derek said using Stiles' previous statement.

Stiles closed the book and looked at Derek.

"I don't know if I can do that Derek. In fact..." Stiles paused looking down at his hands. "I think I need to step down."

Derek frowned. "Step down? What do you mean?"

"I'm not gonna be a part of the pack anymore

"I'm not gonna be a part of the pack anymore. Once I'm sure the she alphas aren't going to bother you again and Theo is adjusted properly, I'm done." Stiles explained.

"What? No. Stiles, I need you, the pack needs you." Derek spoke his voice full of concern.

"No, you just need an emissary. I'll even help you find one." Stiles shook his head.

"No, I don't care about some emissary. Is it smart not to have one? No, but we always had you. You figured it out. You had a back up plan when ours failed. You always have a solution. You're important to all of us. You've saved everyone in this pack at least once. You've saved me more times than I like to admit. I can't lose you, Stiles. None of us can." Derek was practically pleading.

"I'm sorry, but I can't." Stiles had tears in his eyes.

"What about Kai?" Derek asked knowing this was a dangerous path.

Stiles froze.

"I promised him I'd take care of you. You promised him you'd give me a chance." Derek reached for Stiles expecting him to pull away but he didn't. He placed his hand on Stiles' shoulder.

"Stiles, I know you hate me and you don't trust me and you blame me for what happened to Theo and Kai but-"

"Why would you possibly think I blame you? I put them in danger. It's my fault Theo was here. I called Kai. I have no one to blame but me." Stiles broke down.

Derek wrapped his arms around Stiles as Stiles gripped Derek's shirt allowing his tears to spill onto the soft fabric.

"It's not your fault, it's okay." Derek held Stiles close. At that moment Isaac, Scott and Theo walked in. Causing Stiles to pull away from Derek.

"What's wrong?" Scott frowned.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong. I'm fine." Stiles shook his head.

"Stiles wants to leave the pack." Derek answered causing Stiles to let out a frustrated sigh.

"Why?" Theo was the one to speak up.

"He blames himself for what happened to you and Kai." Derek answered carefully.

"Stiles, don't blame yourself for what happened to me. I think this is great. I'm loving this." Theo walked over to Stiles. "And you did everything you could to help Kai. You saved Isaac's life." Theo lifted Stiles chin so he was looking into his whiskey brown eyes.

"I think you were amazing and I know Kai did too. He would be upset knowing you were wanting to leave. He would want you to fight. He didn't teach you all about druids and emissaries so you could sit on the sidelines. He wanted you to be your best self and if there's anything I've learned from Derek it's that we're our best as a pack." Theo wiped a falling tear from Stiles' cheek.

Derek heard Stiles' heart stutter under Theo's touch. He could smell the love Stiles felt for Theo. He realized then, that was why he was so harsh towards Stiles, he was jealous. Stiles felt safe around Scott and comfortable around Lydia. He had respect for Allison and trusted Isaac. Once Theo showed up he felt love for Theo. The only thing he ever felt towards Derek was bitter, distrust, and fear.

Stiles averted his eyes, shaking his head. "I don't know who I am anymore."

"You're my best friend and an important member of this pack." Scott spoke up.

"I'll always be your best friend Scott but I'm no longer a part of this pack." Stiles smiled up at the werewolf sadly.

He stood from the table grabbing the book he'd been reading.

"Where are you going?" Derek asked.

"I trust you'll call me if they show back up." Stiles said reaching for the door.

"Please, Stiles." Derek pleaded. "I need you more than you realize."

Stiles sighed. "Derek, we've been over this. I can't be your emissary."

"I don't need an emissary." Derek responded. "But I do need my anchor."

Scott and Isaac turned to Derek in shock.

Stiles frowned stopping in his tracks.
"What?" Stiles asked looking at Derek.

"I didn't realize it until recently but you've become my anchor. You're the one I trust the most. The one who can send me over the edge the easiest but bring me back just as fast." Derek spoke honestly.

Stiles stared at Derek in disbelief. "Is this some kind of joke?"

 "Is this some kind of joke?"

"No, I'm being honest." Derek shook his head.

"I don't know what to say to that." Stiles frowned.

"Say you won't leave." Derek said his voice hopeful.

"Derek, Stiles, someone's coming." Theo frowned. His senses were still heightened from the change allowing him to hear things without listening for them.

Derek growled. "It's the she alphas. I smell them."

*AN*
What do you think?