Then, a young girl hopped up to you and sat next to you on the bench. She had a childlike face and curious-looking eyes, and her cheeks were tinted pink from playing. She examined your face for a moment, before speaking to you for the first time:

"What's your name?", she asked, plainly.

You glanced down at your hands, one on top of the other and palms upwards in your lap.

"(Y/N)...", you timidly whispered.

"Oh! Cool! I'm (F/N)!". Her eyes widened. You looked up at her.

"Wanna come play with me?", she asked, avidly, "We can play tag!".

"Oh, ok, sure!".

And with that, she grabbed both your hands and tugged you off the bench.

"Tag! You're it!", she called, tapping you on the shoulder and running off, her laughter becoming more and more distant.

You beamed and ran after her, even though she caught you off guard, your feet padding on the concrete of the playground. You saw (F/N) up ahead of you, weaving through the sea of children, crawling under the playground apparatus, and occasionally peering back at you to see if you were close. You were catching up, and your arm was outstretched and ready to tag her. She screamed with delight as you approached.

"Tag!", you squealed, pressing your hand into the small of her back, "Gotcha!". The pair of you slowed down to a halt.

"Hey, you got me!". She turned around. "You better run, 'cause I'm it now!".

You shrieked and dashed off in another direction, and (F/N) sped after you. It didn't take as long for her to catch you, and when she caught you, she instantly zoomed away, so you were now the one in pursuit. And a couple of minutes later, you caught her again.

You and your new friend played tag for the rest of lunch, and time seemed to fly by, as the bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. Both your faces were bright red and you were covered in a thin layer of sweat, and you were both panting, trying to catch your breath.

"That was so fun!", (F/N) exclaimed, as you walked to line up to return to the classroom.

"Yeah!", you agreed, vigorously nodding your head.

"Wait, are you in my class?".

"Um, I think so". You hadn't learnt everybody's names yet, but her name sounded familiar.

"No way!". Then she gasped. "We could do this every day!".

"That sounds so fun", you grinned.

Suddenly, the young girl grabbed your hands and eagerly looked straight into your eyes.

"Will you be my friend?", she asked. You were somewhat taken aback, evident in the "o" shape your mouth made, but also overjoyed to have found a new friend.

"Yeah!", you answered, standing on your tiptoes in excitement.

"Yay!", she cried, giddily bouncing up and down. She threw her arms around your neck, and you placed your arms around her back, hugging your new companion. She released you a few seconds later.

"Come on, let's go back to class", she said, taking hold of your hand and frisking away with you by her side.

And when your first day finally ended, you and (F/N) came out of the classroom to meet your parents, arm in arm and chatting away. 

"Look, there they are!", (F/N) said, pointing at her parents, "See you tomorrow, (Y/N)!".

"Oh, ok, bye!", you smiled, hugging her one last time before scurrying off to your parents, a giant grin on your face. Your father scooped you up in his arms as soon as you greeted them.