The Slender Man Files

Dear Dr. Knudson,

I... at least I do believe that I am writing you this letter as a prelude to a large collection of casework relating to my final case as a psychiatrist. I must warn you. Illogical as it might seem... people closely connected to this case have met with strange ends.

My patient has disappeared. My son... I can't.

Attached my professional notes, from when I was still capable of contributing to our field. I now find that I share a psychosis, if that can be the right word, similar to the two individuals detailed in these files. I have become more and more convinced that the incidents described are real accounts, and not simply the descriptions of vivid hallucinations brought on by a virulent disorder. I have tried to stop the man, whatever he is. I've tried. I've failed.

I can imagine your thoughts. I KNOW that I sound crazy. This is my final act before, well, you'll find that out. These cases developed so identically that it once seemed to me the basis of a psychiatric breakthrough that might redefine our field. But the study of these subjects has turned me into an identical patient. As my closest colleague, I felt it my duty to see my work continued, and yet... part of me wishes you to burn these files.

Sincerely,

Dr. Pendleton Westbrook

P.S. I'm sorry for my handwriting.... I'm sorry for everything.

Police: Remains of Missing Girl Found in State Park

By Chastity Melivan, City Editor, Houston Chronicle.

Huntsville, Tx - The statewide search for Texas girl has ended in tragedy. Kinsey McIntire, a 12 year old girl who disappeared three weeks ago, has been found in Sam Houston State Park. Her remains were discovered by local students on a field trip to Huntsville park.

"We had just sort of wandered off," said Daniel Warren, a high school junior who discovered the body. "It was... just horrible, what they had done to her."

The case attracted local attention when the junior high student disappeared during a camping trip with her family on April 29th. Police units spent the next week combing the dense forest for the girl, finding nothing.

"This wasn't the end to the search any of us wanted," Huntsville Police Chief Randall Davis said. "However, we have definitely determined the identity of the victim. Our hearts go out to the McIntire family in their time of grief."

The Huntsville Police Department has requested aid from Houston, which has dispatched several detectives and pledged additional resources to aid the small city in its investigation.

"This is not the end of our efforts," said Houston Police Chief Clay Ramirez. "The eyes of Texas are upon this case, and now turn to this despicable predator. We will assist Huntsville in whatever way possible, and bring this person to justice."

Kinsey McIntire was last seen by her family during the night of April 29th, sleeping safely in their tent. The details of her abduction and murder still remain unclear. So far, the police have announced no arrests and will name no suspects in a current investigation.

"We want to thank our community for the outpouring of support. Now is the time to grieve, and we ask for privacy in these difficult times." The McIntire's said in a public statement.

Notes from Detective Calvin Price, HPD:

Body found in the morning. Likely transported at night. Too clinical for dismemberment on site. Killer must have had a lab and some serious equipment. Look into those with medical knowledge in the area. Not crude.... There is a tableau involved.