Ch. 15 - A Visitor

Start from the beginning

Cameron😑: Well, I'd think that that'd be a better conversation starter than the usual hey or small talk.

Me: Oh, well why'd you want to talk to me?

Cameron😑: Idk, I'm bored. Plus, I haven't bothered anyone today so, I thought why not bother you?

Me: Oh what have I done to be worthy of such treatment?

Cameron😑: Idk, breathe?

Me: 🖕

Cameron😑: I'm just playing with you. Chill.

Me: Idc

Cameron😑: Have I bothered you enough yet?

Me: Sure. You don't really bother me. I sure do bother everyone else though.

Cameron😑: What do you mean?

Me: Long story.

While the idea of telling Cameron my whole life story is bouncing back and forth in my head, I get a text. This time, it's Tiara.

T😂🤗: You already know why I'm texting you.

Me: It's about time. For a second, I thought you were murdered or something.

T😂🤗: I wish that was the case. My mom dragged me to have lunch with her.

Me: Your mom isn't even that bad.

T😂🤗: You call your mom an absolute bitch while I think she's not one.

Me: Your mom likes you, my mom hates me.

T😂🤗: No she doesn't, but I did not text you to be a virtual counselor or mediator. Now, spill it.

Me: Bitch, we kissed!!!

T😂🤗: STFU! STOP PLAYING WITH ME!

Me: I'M DEAD ASS SERIOUS.

T😂🤗: OK, you never use all caps, so I know you're serious.

Me: It lasted at least 7 seconds!

T😂🤗: YOU'RE LYING

Me: NO, I'M NOT

T😂🤗: DEJA JAMES GOT HERSELF A WHITE BOY!!!

Me: Why does everything have to be about race?

T😂🤗: We live in America. Anyway, does he have a brother?

Me: I don't know. I've never asked him.

T😂🤗: Well you need to text him rn, or talk to him on Monday about it because I want to piss off some white people too.

Me: T, don't take this the wrong way or anything, but you're a hot ass mess.

T😂🤗: Ik already. You've told me so many times. 😂

Me: Well, I'd never want you to forget.

I close my phone and throw it on the bed. That's enough social activity for the day. A few seconds after throwing my phone on my bed, my phone goes off again. I don't feel like explaining my life story to Cameron and I don't feel like listening to Tiara's boy problems.

I try to ignore the sound and try to focus on what's happening in Nerve. My attempts are futile as the sound just keeps coming back. I finally check to see who it is. It's neither of the people I suspected.

It's David.

The Devil😍: So, did you like the date?

Me: Yeah. It was a lit experience for me.

The Devil😍: I can't get your lips out of my mind.

Me: Same. It was a nice kiss. I have a question.

The Devil😍: What is it?

Me: Do you have a brother?

The Devil😍: Yes, but he's a sophomore. He used to go to Southview, but my mom made him go to another school because of things.

Me: Oh I see.

The Devil😍: Why?

Me: No reason.

I guess Tiara's gonna have to find another way to make some white people mad.

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow

Writing this while sleepy AF. Seriously, I should get more sleep. Also, I would just like to thank everyone for over 1.5k reads. I really appreciate it.