2

"H-how's that going to work out?" I asked.

"I'll make it work out. We can meet here every night." He said. I nodded.

"Okay,I gotta go now I'll meet you here tomorrow night." I said.

"I'll see you then." He said. I took off back towards the house. Hopefully Edward left so he can't read my mind.

When I showed up Edward was leaving. Shit. He looked at me and stopped dead in his tracks. I tried my best in hiding it,but it didn't work out to well.

"You didn't!" He yelled. Carlisle and the rest of the family came out.

"What's wrong Edward?" Carlisle asked.

"She and a wolf are mates." He spat.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it was possible." I said upset,and afraid my family would turn on me. "I-I found a new scent and followed it. It wasn't the wolf,it was a nomad. I lost the scent cause it crossed the treaty line." I explained. Carlisle looked at everyone.

"We understand. I'll talk to Sam. " the family went back inside as Edward walked to his car.

"Edward wait." I said. He turned to look at me. "C-can you stop at their graves,and tell me if there's anything new?" He nodded.

"Yes,I will." He said.

"Thank you." I said hugging him. He hugged back and got into his car as I watched him drive off.

I went back inside. Emmett and I played a few rounds of black ops. Then Alice and Rosalie pulled me away.

Next morning

The next morning I threw on a hoodie,leggings,bear paw boots,and my grey beanie. When I walked down stairs Rose and Alice stared at me.

"You need to change." Alice said.

"Why!" I asked.

"It's school you have to dress nice." She said.

"It's jail,and we're supposed to fit in. Plus I like the way I look,and it ain't gonna change." I said sticking my tongue out. She and Rose rolled her eyes as the boys laughed.

We got into Emmets jeep and took off. As I got a text from Edward.

Edweirdo: Hey,there's nothing new at the graves. Just dead flowers.

Me:okay...thanks for checking for me.

Edweirdo:you're welcome,and I'm sorry.

Me: it's ok.bye.

Edweirdo:bye.

Jasper must if felt my sadness cause he used his powers to make me happy again.

"Marie,what's wrong?" Alice asked.

"Edward said that the only thing at the graves were dead flowers." I said. Everyone mumbled a sorry and it was silence. I grabbed my headphones and put them on.

I kept my headphones on as we got out of the jeep. I stared at Bella as she stared back at us. She's looking for Edward I thought. Screw it. I walked away from my family and towards Bella. Jasper was the first person to notice me walk away.

"Marie,no don't." He said. I ignored her m and kept walking. He jogged after me and stood in front of me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm going to fit in,be friendly,and talked to the new girl." I said.

"No you're not." He said.

"Watch me." I said. I removed myself from his grip and kept walking towards Bella.

"Uh,hi Bella." I said.

"Oh...um...hey" she replied.

"I'm Marie,and I see that you're probably wondering where Edward is. Since you kept looking at my family with a confused face."

"Uh,now that you mention it. Yea,I am. My dad said you guys almost never missed school. Well,unless you guys go camping and stuff."

"Yeah,our cousins moved to Alaska,and they needed help moving in. So Edward volunteered. He'll be back in a few days." She nodded.

"Okay,thanks for letting me know." She said. I nodded and walked away. I put my headphones back on and blasted my music. I ignored my family that was staring at me in disbelief,and walked inside.

I acted like I fitted in,and was being nice to the new girl. What,it's not like I broke a rule. Carlisle talked to humans all the time. Why can't I? I thought with a smirk sneaking its way onto my face.

Let's have some fun...