Chapter 1/ introduction

"Welcome to your new home Fernanda. I'm patty. We're so happy to have you living in our home."

Oh great. My 6th foster home. Yes 6th. And I'm only 15 years old. I've been in this shitty system since I was 9. Since my dad was killed in Iraq and my mom went fucking psycho.

I just nod at the lady and walk in with my trash bag of clothes. I know. They don't even give us freaking bags. We're not worth that much.

Patty talks to my social worker about the usual stuff.

Eventually she leaves and it's just Patty and I.

"Ok. So I really don't give a shit what you do. Just know that my real daughter comes first. And will always come first. She's the real daughter. Not you. I'm just taking care of you for the check. And don't go into the third room to the right. If you do go in that room, you will be punished."

I just stand there nodding in annoyance.

"Ok. Your room is upstairs the first room on the right."

I grab my trash bag and walk over to my room.

Late that night

Well dinner could have gone better. When she said her 13 year old little snooty daughter would be put first, she wasn't kidding. I had about half as much food as her!

I sit in my bed bored so I decide to look around the pretty lard sized 1-story house.

I find the bathroom. A couple of guest rooms and the third room on the right that patty fatty told me not to go into.

Of course being the dumbass that I am, I let my curiosity get the best of me.

I slowly open the door and walk in.

It's super dark. I wanna turn the light on but I'm scared patty will see.

"Can I help you?" I jump and turn to the corner of the room I heard it from.

It's a big room. It has a bed. A couple of dressers. A tv. And the recliner the man in the corner is sitting on.

"I was looking for the restroom." I tell him. He gets up. Walks over to the door and closes it.

"Well you found me instead. Patty told you not to come in here." He says getting really close to me. I back up.

But he just keeps getting closer.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave." I say walking past him but he grabs my arm. He's well over 6 feet tall. Maybe 6'5. And big. Not fat. But big. And he looks around 60-65 years old.

"Now that you're here you can do me a favor." He says so close I can smell his strawberry mint scented breath.

I've never been so scared in my life. I can feel me shaking. My heart pumping outside of my chest. I feel.... helpless.

"I have to go." I say but he refuses to let go.

Instead he grabs me and throws me on the bed so hard it knocks the wind out of me and I feel like I can't breath.

He starts unbuckling my pants. And I freeze.

I never thought I would freeze. I've thought about what I would do if something like this ever happened to me. And I always told myself I would fight. And scream. And kick.