Breaking In

I was pressed up against Cupid, his face inches away from mine. I tried not to move, because if I did, I would end up kissing him. 

I made my eyes look anywhere but his face, which was hard to do considering we were hidden in a dim cupboard.

I looked through the slits in the cupboard door to where Cal was currently sitting, completely unaware that we were merely a couple metres away. I couldn't help but feel like what we were about to do was completely wrong. 

Too late to turn back now. 

I could feel Cupid beginning to move in the tight space, he was becoming impatient, and every little shift he made was getting louder and louder as he brushed against the items on the shelves. 

I raised my head and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Shhhh." I hissed as quietly as I could. He rolled his eyes at me, but he was grinning. It was a shame we were too close together for me to be able to slap him.

After what seemed like hours later, but must have only been minutes, Cal stood up, and left his office. 

Cupid and I took one look at each other, before launching open the cupboard doors and landing in a sprawl on the floor. His hands barred me down either side, and he had a grin on his face.

"Why don't we stay like this, Lila?" He said smugly. 

I shoved against him, and reluctantly he stood up and stuck out his hand, which I took until we were standing side by side.

"Okay we have to be quick, before Cal comes back." I whispered, trying not to draw the attention of the other Cupids just outside the glass. 

"Lila, we'll be fine." Cupid said casually, as if we hadn't just been hiding in a cupboard for the last hour, just to sneak onto Cal's computer to see if he had a match. 

We moved behind his desk and stared at the computer screen, I hadn't thought we'd get this far, so I had no idea what to do.

Cupid however, knew. He sat behind the computer, and began frantically pressing the keys. His fingers moved softly and effortlessly across the keyboard, like had done this every day for years, which of course he hadn't.

After a couple minutes, he sat back in the chair, the smug look once again painted across his face.

"Ta da!" He exclaimed quite loudly, and I cringed, hoping that it wouldn't echo out of the room.

"Be quiet, Cupid!" I grunted back, before moving behind the computer to join him, I gasped at the face on the screen.

At that second, Cal walked in. His arms were crossed and he did not look happy.

"What are you doing?" He demanded, his eyes narrow and cold. 

We shrugged, trying to look inconspicuous. It didn't work. He walked over and looked at the screen, and staring right back at him was Amena.