Chapter 6

*A/n* - This chapter contains some smut. 

 Friday night and finally after so long, and so much drama, there was peace running through your house. An entire week had been and gone by since Amelia had been well and truly returned to you. Despite the fact that she had never really disappeared out of your sight. She was always there, but she was hiding under a façade of pain and desperation to be noticed, not necessarily just by you and Billie, but by anyone. Finally, she had been noticed and she was so much happier within herself. Nobody has brought it up, because no one felt the need to. The whole family seemed to be a lot happier; it had finally returned to being the family that it once was.   

****

Declan's father had turned up at the house whilst Amelia was at school a few days earlier. Billie had answered the door and his face had dropped upon realising who was standing in front of him. "Mr Armstrong, I am Mr Johnston." He stopped, as though he dreaded to say the next part of his sentence. "I'm Declan's father."

"How unfortunate for you." Billie had said, as you rushed to the door to see what he wanted. You were also concerned that Billie was going to knock him out. Mr Johnston had ignored Billie's remark, but you could tell by the disapproving look on Billie's face stood by what he had said: and rightly so.

"I wanted to come here and reassure you that you will never hear from Declan again." Mr Johnston explained as you and Billie looked at each other. "I knew that Declan was a troublemaker, but I never realised that extent to which he had hurt people; your daughter more than anyone." He scratched his head. "When you try and raise a child, you raise them in the hope that they become wonderful things. I never raised Declan to be who he turned out to be; a woman beater." He was pulling out his wallet and offering you money. "I never meant to raise a monster."

"Mr Johnston." You waved your hand, stopping him from offering you money. "We don't want your money. We have our daughter back and that is enough."  You fought back the tears and Billie wrapped his arm around you. "That's all we wished for, to have our daughter again."

"Declan is not even in the state anymore. So I can assure you, he will not be a problem." This was his own father speaking. His father seemed so ashamed of himself for the man that his son was becoming. "He's at an out-of-state school. A school that will straighten out his behaviour once and for all." He looked at you both again. "I'm very sorry and I understand that saying sorry is not enough."

Billie held out his hand for Mr Johnston to shake. "We don't blame you, but we appreciate you coming here to talk to us." You nodded in agreement. "It's been a hard couple of months for everyone. I never liked Declan, but I'm very sorry that this has had to happen to you."

When Declan's father had left, you weren't sure whether to tell Amelia or not, but for her peace of mind, you both agreed that it was the best thing to do. 

"So, he's gone?" She asked, relieved. "Gone for good?"

"Gone for good, baby." You reiterated. Amelia smiled out of relief as she hugged you and Billie simultaneously.  

****

You and Billie were sitting on the sofa together, drinking some wine, and laughing as you reminisced about the good old times when you Amelia ran down the stairs. You looked up to see her standing there eagerly, with a piece of paper in her hands. "Mom?" Amelia asked, hopefully. "Will you read my essay for English Lit?" She smiled at you and handed you the paper before you had even got the chance to say yes. "Of course." You said as you took it in your hands and devoured every word that was on the page. As you sat reading, she sat in between you and Billie, telling him all about what she'd written her essay about.