Training?

I awake to the noise of knocking on my door. Startled by this, I immediately sit up and pretend that I've been awake for a while. The door slowly creaks open, and comes to an unexpected halt as Sam enters the room. "Morning Logan" he says as he walks towards the curtains. "Morning sir" I say as I'm not sure what to call him. He laughs as he draws the black curtains which allow sunlight to beam through the window. "Please, call me Sam". I nod to this and he walks towards the door placing some clothes at the foot of my bed before he does so. "We've got an exiting day ahead of us, I suggest you get ready as soon as possible" he says smiling at me as he leaves the room.

I drag myself out of bed and get to my feet, making a large effort not to fall over. Walking towards the window, I realise that the street is no less busy than it was yesterday. I take in the view from my window for a few seconds, before bending over and grabbing clothes from the end of my bed. There were plain black trousers, a pair of black boots, dark red necktie, and a large velvet black coat, which reached down to my ankles.

I put these on, and discovered not only were they comfortable, but they also looked good. Not that that's my number one concern of course . However, it is a nice luxury, one which many can't afford.

I come downstairs, making a desperate effort to not make the stairs creak but my efforts are in vain. The creaking comes to a stop as I get of the staircase and start walking down the spacious corridor which leads to the living room. I knock on the door and am greeted by Sam who opens it. "Ah Logan,you don't have to knock on the door. Make yourself at home". I thank him, and he tells me to take a seat. I do, in the same one I did yesterday when I found out Louis was going to Prussia. "So" Sam says leaning back in his chair" when do you want to start training? After all, we've got a month". I consider this, but I also consider other things. Who is he? Can I trust him? Why is he training me? These are all stupid questions, all of which I know the answer to. "As soon as we can please" I reply" if that's okay with you.". Sam nods intently for a few seconds and then gets to his feet. "Well" he remarks with a tone of determination in his voice" we best get started as soon as possible". I to get to my feet, and he leads me to the door and opens it. "Wait here" he tells me. I nod but before he can see it he's back in the front room. I look around me in awe, this isn't what I expected a city to be like, I thought it would just be like a slightly larger version of my village. The flaps of my coats are lifted with breeze, as is my necktie and my hair. As the breeze dies down, and my coat flaps, hair, and necktie return to their original spaces Sam comes out. He has two sheaths with swords in each. And he also holds three flintlocks. "Here he says passing me a sword, a sheath, and a flintlock. I put them all in their appropriate spots and Sam does the same. Without a word Sam starts walking down the stairs and into the crammed streets. I assume I'm supposed to follow him, so I do. He walks at a relatively normal pace to what looks like a dock. I'm deeply confused, but I won't question it. We walk towards a rough looking man, who has a rough beard. "Ah, Sam" he says greeting him" looking for some work?". "You know me to well" Sam says laughing. The breeze is stronger here than down near the house, but I assume it's just the breeze coming off the sea. "Well I've got some" he says smiling. "I knew you would Greeny.". Is this his idea of training? Doing dock work? "Serial killer, rumoured to be near a work house not to far from here". Ah, not dock work then. "Thank you Greeny" Sam says with a grateful expression on his face. Not quite what I was expecting when he said training, but I have faith. I have to have faith.