CHAPTER 7 - WHO'S THIS POKEMON?

I woke up the next day and realized it's already late in the afternoon. My tummy churns and I feel so sick. Maybe it's because of yesterday. After all, I'd done so many things in just a single day. I opened mu eyes, still lying on my bed. I closed it again then tried to search for my phone with eyes closed. I really feel like sleeping again. Grabbing my phone, I opened my eyes and swipe the screen to view home.

30 plus misscalls and 1 message.

"Sino naman kaya ang magmi-misscall sa akin nang ganito kadami?" Clutching my aching head, I sit up with it resting on the headboard of my king-sized bed. I feel like I'm experiencing hangover today, except I didn't drink the night before.

"Oh. It's Gerald. So ano naman ang kaylangan niya? Bakit ang dami niyang misscalls?" I said after I realized it's Gerald. I checked the log section and it has been 3 am today since he last called.

I decided to call him this time, maybe he would answer but to no avail. Therefore, I just decided to text him.

To: Gerald

Why called? Call me back soon if you can.

Message sent!

I almost forgot the single message I received today when my phone rings again.

"First, you think the worst is a broken heart
What's gonna kill you is the second part
And the third, Is when your world splits down the middle
And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself
Fifth, you see them out with someone else
And the sixth, is when you admit you may have fucked up a little"

Oh yeah. Didn't I tell you I change my ring tone again? Haha. The Six Degrees of Separation by The Script really has something that makes me wanna go all day listening to the same song over and over again.

I look at my phone, finding another message from an unknown number. It says, "Goodmorning, gorgeous."

Who's this pokemon?

To: +63927*******

Who's this?

-message sent-

It didn't take long before I received the reply.

From:  +63927*******

Someday you will know. :)

-end-

"Hayy na'ko, I don't wanna waste time with such kind of people." I feel like all my blood went to my head. Masakit na nga ang ulo ko, dadagdagan pa ng kung sino mang walang kwentang kausap at mapantrip na taong ito. Kung ayaw niyang magpakilala, then fine! I won't busy myself asking him who he was, why did he text me, or what's his agenda.

I didn't dare reply. I composed myself and decided to take a bath. Mamaya lang siguro ehh mawawala na itong sakit ng ulo ko. Bago pa man ako pumuntang banyo, tumawag na ako sa kitchen para magpadala ng gamot sa sakit ng ulo at tubig na rin.

When I got out of the bathroom, mom was there. "Rain, are you alright?" I nodded and drink the medicine she handed over me. I wanted to tell her about my encounter with Cloud yesterday but damn! This head seems to hurt so much! "Dalhin na kaya kita sa hospital. Baka kung napano ka na..."

"Ma, I'm alright. Medyo masakit lang din yung katawan ko. Probably because of the long day yesterday. Tsaka ever since umuwi ako sa Pilipinas, halos wala pa akong matinong pahinga, diba? I just needed some rest lang talaga siguro." Humiga na ulit ako sa kama ko.

Mom didn't protest. Thank God. "Fine, fine, but if you need anything else, I'm just at the next door."

I nodded then she kissed me in the forehead and was gone.

I fell asleep and woke up to the sound of my phone ringing again.

"First, you think the worst is a broken heart
What's gonna kill you is the second part
And the third, Is when your world splits down the middle
And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself
Fifth, you see them out with someone else
And the sixth, is when you admit you may have fucked up a little"

One message received.

From: +63927*******

Hey? You haven't replied yet. Are you busy?

-end-

What the eff! The person behind this phone number is really getting into my nerve! What does he/she needs!? Thinking this is some sort of a joke, I didn't reply. "Bahala ka sa buhay mo. Tsk, istorbo sa tulog ko! Umf!" Hindi ko pa man siya kilala, mukhang mainit na ang ulo ko sa kanya. Tsk.

I spent hours still lying on my bed, directing my eyeballs at the luminosity of my room until my eyes dropped on a box above the books I learned to love. Slowly removing the blanket that's covering me, I stood up and fetch the box from where it was placed. I haven't noticed it since I got here in the Philippines. Why in all things do I have to see this again? The box was covered with thick dust and dirt. Color faded from its once-neon colored. With trembling hands, I managed to open the box.

Inside, I saw dried petals from the flowers he had given me. Talagang tinago ko iyon five years ago. Yung necklace na binigay niya sa akin noon? Nandoon din. Ultimo mga candy wrappers na binigay niya, hinugasan ko pa at tinago sa box na iyon para hindi langgamin. I never thought I would see the same box again after I left it here five years ago.

I decided to get rid of those things so I threw them in the trash bin. They should have been there years ago.

I got to my feet and opened my laptop. I never had a facebook account since I deactivated mine before I left to France. Ginawa ko iyon dahil sa tingin ko ehh yun ang pinakamagandang gawin to let go of my feelings. At tama naman ang ginawa ko, effective siya. Yahoo account ko lang ang ginagamit ko, but only limited people know my e-mail. Pang-business use lang talaga siya and take note, I created it only after I graduated college.

Since nasa Pilipinas na naman ako, at handa ko nang harapin ang mga bagay o taong tinakasan ko dati, gagawa na ako ng Facebook account! Hahahah! Lalim nun noh? Lols. Ano connect? -_-

After I signed up and update my profile, I logged out. Makapag-skype na nga lang. Hayy.

Right before I signed in on Skype, may request agad, "Omg! Sila Khia! Miss ko na sila! Makipag-skype nga!"