"Yes, your majesty." They all said in unison as they bowed.

Annalisa smiled, "Thank you ladies, for everything. You are dismissed."

The ladies curtsied and rushed out of her cell. Annalisa smiled up at the guard who waited for her right outside and stepped beside him, "I am glad you are here to see me off. Do you mind if I say goodbye to my friends over here?"

The guard shrugged, "Go ahead, your majesty."

Annalisa took small, cautious steps towards the cells and stretch her hand through the small window, "Goodbye, my dear friend. May you live to see the next harvest."

The man on the other side of the door, the one who had kept her company when others could not, stepped up to the door and kissed her hand, "Thank you for everythin', m'lady. Really an' truly, you deserve better. ''Tis not fair."

She smiled and waved before turning back to the guard, "I will be able to see Bridget once more, no?"

The guard nodded, "Anything for my Queen. She is waiting just around the corner."

Annalisa smiled and took a deep breath.

And there she was, waiting for her dear friend on the other side of the wall, just as the guard had promised, "Oh, Annalisa!"

Her friend fell forward and wrapped her arms around her tightly. Annalisa breathed the familiar smell of lavender in. Bridget always had her way of calming her nerves just with a hug. Annalisa was very glad her friend had come to see her.

"Bridget, darling, you look beautiful." She commented as she stepped back and held her at arms length.

Bridget twirled around for her, "Do you really like it? I though that you should appreciate my color choice."

Annalisa smiled at her, "You know how I love blue and yellow together. It is what I met Edward in. It started the fine moments in my life."

"And it brought us together. Had you not married him, Drake never would have gifted me to you." Bridget reminded her.

"Ah, yes, a truly amazing gift." Annalisa replied.

Bridget shook her head, "What ever will I do without you, Annalisa?"

Annalisa smiled softly, "Go with Edward to my home. Start a new life of happiness. Go enjoy a man's company or my new grandchild. Make sure they know all the grand stories about us. Edward will take care of you, Bridget, as long as you do not stay here."

Bridget nodded and swiped off a tear on her cheek, "Yes, of course, my queen."

The guard cleared his throat and reminded Annalisa of her time.

Annalisa nodded and took another deep breath, "Well, I am afraid this is goodbye, Bridget."

Bridget let out a sob and gave Annalisa another hug, "Please, I am sure I could take you back to your brother. We could save you, Annalisa!"

Annalisa shook her head, "No one more will die for me."

She squeezed her friend tighter and then let her go.