The Darkest of Nights: A Warrior Cats Fanfiction

Author's Note: So this is a story based off of the warrior cats series. Note: I don’t own this series or the characters Erin Hunter has thought up. Warning: It contains spoilers from all of the book that have been written up to Last Hope. I’ll try to update as quickly as I can write, which will be often since I already have several chapters written and several others planned. Please like and review; even criticism is okay, because I want to improve. Thanks, and enjoy!

Prologue

The moon and stars were shining brightly as the two warriors guarded the camp entrance, their tails entwined as they gazed at the forest. Suddenly, a loud crack! split the air. Lionblaze’s ears were immediately pricked upwards, and his amber gaze fell upon a moving bush. There had to be a cat in there.

“Go get a few warriors to sort this out, Cinderheart.” The gray cat nodded silently and quietly slipped into the camp, the bracken entrance rustling behind her.

The tabby warrior began to stalk towards the bush. Whoever had interrupted such a peaceful evening was going to pay. Lionblaze walked near the tree where the intruder was probably hiding.

Then, this simple check-up went wrong- as his gaze shot upwards, someone leaped out at him from the bush. Their claws sliced at his shoulder, sending a spray of blood into the air. Lionblaze tripped over his hind legs and fell backwards, his head hitting against a rock. Pain shot through his body for a moment before the cat lapsed into unconsciousness without getting a good look at his attacker.

As Cinderheart returned with Brackenfur and Thornclaw, the intruder was gone. In his place was a golden tabby lying very still- Lionblaze! Cinderheart rushed to her friend’s side in a panic, but to her relief, his heartbeat was steady, and his breathing was normal. The only things wrong with him was a deep cut on his shoulder and a wound on his head, but that could all be dealt with in time. The only question now was, who had been the intruder?

The gray warrior scented the air, but there was no trace of whoever had trespassed on ThunderClan territory. She nodded at the other warriors, and in sync, they lived up the fallen warrior and brought him back into the camp.

Unbeknownst to them, another cat was watching them with fierce eyes, with revenge in its dark heart.