Chapter 21

Tera and Alit continued their fight. Alit threw punch after punch, kick after kick. All Tera could do was block with his tail. He was cornered.

"What now, Number?" Alit teased. "With this new power, you can do nothing but dodge!"

Splendid Rose was about to summon another plant when her arm was seized by a strong hand. She didn't have enough time to register who it was when she was thrown onto her back. The taunting face of Vector gazed down at her. She rolled out of the way before his sword slammed down on the ground.

"Well, if it isn't a Synchro," Vector giggled. "Your kind is rare!"

Splendid Rose made vines appear from the floor. "Well, since you Barians made most of us extinct, I suppose that we are rare."

Vector snickered.

Black Mist used his last overlay unit. Nasch just kept getting stronger. That dark energy no longer numbed his body, and he was aware of how bruised he was.

"Do you know what this means, Number?" Nasch demanded. "It means that your precious kingdom is going to be ruled by the Barians. I will make sure to let you live so that you will be my personal servant."

Black Mist growled. "I will not allow you to win, Barian!" he hissed. "I would rather die than be your servant."

Nasch brought down his sword, and Black Mist brought up both of his arms to block it. Nasch pushed down toward Black Mist, and the Number was forced to step back. Black Mist tried to push back, but Nasch was clearly now stronger. Plus, he just used his last overlay unit. It seemed clear to him that Nasch would win.

At that moment, the worst moment ever, Black Mist felt a huge wave of dizziness hit him. It caused him to lose concentration, and the sword slashed across his chest. Black Mist cried out in pain.

Nasch chuckled. "The worst moment for this disease to kick in. Now, allow me to tell you the cure because I am confident that you will not live long enough to find it."

Black Mist fell to the ground, the world spinning like crazy. He could hardly hear a word being said.

Nasch crouched down and leaned in to Black Mist's ear. "In the crystal cave, there is a specific gem that must be ground into fine powder. Mix it with some sort of liquid, and you will be good as new. Too bad you will not live to get it."

"Why do you say that?" Black Mist asked through his daze.

Suddenly, a cold feeling entered his gut. "Because you lost, Number king."

Black Mist looked down to his stomach and saw the Barian king's sword right through his stomach. He started to feel woozy. Seeing all the blood coming out of him was making him dizzy. He collapsed into his own black blood, which was pooling around him.

Nasch yanked out the sword and left, cleaning the blood off.

The main battle was stopped by someone clearing their throat. Everyone looked up and saw King Nasch standing before them. He looked victorious. This made the citizens of the Number Kingdom worry.

"Has the king fallen?" Hope asked himself.

"I would like to say that the Number king has fallen to my blade!" Nasch announced. "The war goes to the Bar-"

A small, black streak zipped in and knocked Nasch off his feet. Then, the silhouette had him in a headlock. It was Black Mist. His stomach and below was soaked in blood, but he didn't seem to notice. Black Mist held one of his armletts up to Nasch's neck.

"A bit too early to be declaring victory, isn't it?" Black Mist hissed into his ear.

Nasch growled and dug his elbow into Black Mist's stomach, and the Number winced in pain. He let go and tried to regulate his breathing.

"Now, Number, you shall truly fall," Nasch said, pointing his sword at Black Mist's neck. "I have won. There is no need to make this battle go on any longer."

Black Mist ignored the blade and regained his composure. "The war is not over until one falls officially. I still have energy in me. I see no reason to give up." He tried to go forward, but he staggered to his knees. Before he did, though, the blade of his armlett dug into the Barian's chest. He fell, but he was still breathing.

"King Nasch!" one yelled.

"Is he dead!?"

"No, his chest is still moving."

"Will he get up?"

"No. He has lost."

The war was won. Black Mist smiled in relief, and then he collapsed.