Study Spider, Part 1. (Peter Parker x Reader)

This whole studying thing was really starting to pull you down, you felt like you were failing everything. You had been at the school for almost two weeks and were yet to make any real friends, the odd acquaintance in classes but that was all. In the end you decided to put up a poster on the message board which read:

'Looking for a study partner! Majorly urgent. HELP!'

You were hoping to grab someones attention, you needed help more than anything. Maybe this could even bring a friend or two to your attention. Later that evening you were sat at home, laying on your bed reading Harry Potter for the millionth time. Your phone startled you as a text came through, you were usually always alone so texts didn't come often other than from some old friends or your mother.

'Hi, I saw your poster? I can help you study... if you like?'

'My name is Peter by the way, Peter Parker.'

This had made your day, someone who could finally help you up your grades. It was also a boy so in your eyes that was plus, you were hoping he was cute...

'Hiya Peter! Sounds great, meet in the library at lunch tomorrow? My name is Y/N - Y/L/N... by the way :) '

You replied and got back to reading, about one minute later Peter replied.

'Yeah I'll be there! See you then Y/N! :)'

You walked into the library with an armful of books, you had no idea what Peter looked like so you were hoping he would know who you were. You looked around trying to spot him... you eventually saw to boys sat on a table in the corner. The boy on the left whispered something to the boy on the right and they both looked at you. Both of their mouths nearly hit the floor as you stood there awkwardly, about a minute had passed and they were still gawping at you. This had to be them.

You walked slowly towards them hoping one of them would say something soon

You walked slowly towards them hoping one of them would say something soon. "Peter?" you smiled, they both looked at each other and then back at you.

"Hi, hi." He stuttered fumbling to his feet awkwardly, his eyes still wide. "I'm Peter, yeah that is me!" He stuttered again.

"Cool, so do you want to start studying now?"

"We could start now?" He uttered pulling out a chair next to him, he stumbled around making sure you sat down comfortably. You studied for the entire lunch period before heading off to class, turns out he was in your next one. You decided to move to the spare seat next to him in order to learn more and secretly get to know him to.

"So do you want to study with me outside of school to? I could use some company." You smiled putting your safety goggles on.

"You want to study with me outside of school to?" His voice was laced with shock as he stuttered, the more time you spent with him the more adorable he became.

"Of course Pete... do you mind me calling you Pete?"

"You can call me anything you like!" He coughed helping you with the chemistry experiment, he seemed to know his stuff for sure. How had you not bumped into him before? An adorable science nerd who was also interesting to talk to and pleasing to the eye?

"Awesome, so its a date?" You laugh adding another acid to the flask. You looked up to see cogs going around in his head, his eyes wide again and his lips pursed together.

"Yeah... yeah." Peter cleared his throat and removed his goggles, taking a seat on the stall he took a breath. "Yours or mine? To study... obviously." He uttered finishing his sentence with nervous laughter.

"Yours would be better, my parents can be odd about boys and all." You started putting all of your things into your backpack, scribbling down the results from your science experiment and pulling on your coat. "What time tonight then Pete?" You beam.

"Is six good for you?" his hand slowly grazed his skin on the nape of his neck, you could hear in his voice how nervous he was.

"Yeah, text me where you live and I'll be there!" You add skipping out of the doors, finally someone who was cute and intelligent. "See you later!"

~~~

You made your way to Peters at 5:30 so you would be on time, you were greeted by his Aunt May, she seemed lovely. You chatted for 10 minutes before she checked her watch with a puzzling look on her face. "I'm sorry Y/N... I don't know what to say other than he's obviously running late." She pulled open a kitchen drawer and pulled out a notepad, she scribbled some stuff down with the blue biro and stuck it to the fridge. "He does this sometimes!" She groaned, she trotted around the kitchen before pulling on her coat and grabbing her bag. "I have to shoot off to work but feel free to help yourself to food, drink... Make yourself at home, I'm sure you can find something in Peters room to do until he comes home." May sighed making her way to the door, "I am going to apologize for him Y/N, but I want you to know he is a good kid. I hope I see you again sometime!"

You let yourself into his room, you were positively surprised. There were stacks of Star Wars Lego sets and figures, vintage technology took up every spot on his desk, rows and rows of science books filled his shelves and newspaper clippings about the Avengers filled half of his wall. You sat yourself on his top bunk with a book about Biology and began to read, you pondered about whether he had forgotten or had just lost track of time.

You must have fallen asleep as you were startled awake by the sound of banging and footsteps, as you sat up you saw a figure crawling across the ceiling. You shot upright and glued your back to the wall, trying to work out whether you were dreaming or just pure crazy. The figure dropped silently to the floor before carefully closing the bedroom door, it looked like they had removed their mask and threw it onto the desk. You quickly grabbed the closest, hardest object you could reach from the bunk and held it in front of you and took a breath. Bright light suddenly filled the room, this was your chance to defend yourself.

"I will call the police and I will hit you really hard with this Biology book if you don't crawl back out of that window in two seconds!" You squealed squinting your eyes tightly shut. Your heard a loud gasp followed by a bang followed by another loud gasp. You slowly opened your eyes and peered around the hardcover that was between you and the human stood before you.

"What the shit!" You squeaked dropping the book from the bunk and jumping into the ceiling.

"Oh shi... don't panic and just uh... stay calm?" His voice trailed into a high pitched plea.

"Stay calm? Don't panic?" Your voice was a lot higher than you ever thought it would go, "Pete? You are Spider-Man?"

To be continued...

If you liked this please take a minute to leave a like and a comment! x