21

When Old Na and Ceres got out of the room, they went to the courtyard to look for Old Pang. Seeing the both of them finally done with their discussion, Old Pang was delighted though it never showed in his face.

"Young man, you go and make sure that the people outside my house would be gone and never return again. Go!"

Old Pang directed those instructions to Gil who was walking behind Ceres and Old Na. But, before doing anything, Gil looked at Ceres as if he needs her permission first. Ceres looked at Gil before looking back at Old Pang.

"What happened, Old Pang?"

It was Old Na who questioned the sudden instructions of his old friend.

"I went outside only to accidentally hear a conversation of those people. Who told them to discuss things right in front of my house? I didn't bother them and went back here but they saw me and now they are pestering me to hear them out! You know how I don't like involving myself with such things so I needed Ceres' protector to do something but he didn't want to obey my order and just stood outside your door!"

Old Na sweated profusely because if Old Pang offended the mysterious person through Gil or Ceres, he doesn't know what would happen to them.

"Forgive young Gil for his actions. You know how he only obeys Ceres, right? Let's just ask what those people need from you, Old Pang."

"I don't care what they need. I won't listen to any of their demands. If you want, you can talk to them. Hmph! I just want to peacefully enjoy my tea."

Old Na looked at Gil and then at Ceres. It seems like he wanted them to talk to the people outside.

"Would it be alright to let them inside?"

Ceres asked before she does something inappropriate. Old Na looked at Old Pang who was leisurely sipping his tea in the wooden porch of the courtyard.

"I'm interested in what those people want. If anything, we can just kick them out. Bring them inside and we'll all discuss this over some tea. And by the way Ceres, our talk isn't over."

Ceres didn't respond to Old Na and instead, walked towards the main door. Gil followed her and he even glared at Old Na.

"What did you two talked about?"

Old Pang asked Old Na when Ceres and Gil went to see the people outside of the house.

"That girl... She wanted to enter Evergreen Garden and I got angry because she said that she already made up her mind and that I should just help her. Can't she even respect me as her teacher and quietly listen to my orders?"

"It's difficult to get inside that school although I commend their actions for running that school for a long time. Their curriculums are also diverse that they can accommodate a huge number of students."

"I don't care if that school is really exceptional. What I do care is about her attribute being discovered. And another thing, how can she enter that school if she couldn't display her magic? Hmph! That child, she thought that I could just pull some strings and help her. That is clearly impossible!"

"Why does she even want to enter that school?"

"...Because of its ancient array. Why did I even tell her about that thing in the first place? I forgot that young ones are curious about a lot of things!"

"Old Na, I think you wouldn't blurt that out of nowhere. It may have something to do with her attribute, right? I clearly remember you entered that ancient array once because you wanted to learn more about your attribute."

"Alright, alright. It was entirely my fault! But nonetheless, I will never allow her to go to that school or even to any school!"

"What are you? My mother?"

Ceres heard Old Na's statement which caused her to knit her brows. They haven't finish talking about entering Evergreen Garden and Old Na already declaring that he will never allow Ceres to enter that school. This made her feel annoyed.

"We brought them here."

Ceres ignored Old Na and walked over to Old Pang's side after which, the two people from the outside kowtowed in front of Old Pang.

Old Pang was sitting in the wooden porch and beside him is Old Na who was still angry at Ceres. Ceres was quietly sitting behind them with Gil beside her. Old Pang didn't want to speak so Old Na was the one who broke the silence. He was also pretty curious as to what made these young people look for Old Pang.

"Young men, stand up. First, may we know your identities and what did you come here for?"

Both of them looked up and seeing the people in front of them, they knew that the old man who spoke was no lower than Old Pang so they respectfully bowed to him as well.

Orion was the one who spoke. He, once again, lowered his head and didn't try to look at the old men.

"I, second prince of Winsterein kingdom named Orion, came from the Hunts household. I sincerely ask sir Pangeon to hear my request. If sir Pangeon can grant this humble person's request, our Hunts family would forever be indebted to sir Pangeon and gift him of what he desires."

Ceres knew who this person was the moment she saw him. How can she not know people from the royal family? But, what she was interested about was the request this second prince wanted. That request is not for the royal family but instead, for the Hunts family which is his maternal relatives.

On the other hand, she also knew that after hearing the person's position, Old Pang wouldn't give him any face and directly reject his request.

"I don't desire anything and I don't want to be involved in such affairs. You can get out of my house right now."

Old Pang said those words after sipping his tea. He was still closing his eyes as if he was meditating while at the same time, drinking his tea.

The second prince continued bowing, never daring to stand up and said,

"I sincerely ask sir Pangeon to hear my request."

Old Na, being the curious one, spoke in Old Pang's place.

"Tell us young prince, what request do you have for Old Pang?"

Even though Old Na wasn't the one he came for, he knew that being rude to this person would only complicate things.

"My grandfather, the current patriarch of the Hunts family, is seriously sick and needs the help of sir Pangeon. If sir Pangeon can diagnose grandfather, even if he cannot heal him, we will still fulfill any of sir Pangeon's requests or desires."

Is this too serious that even the royal physicians cannot help his grandfather, Ceres thought.

"That's a difficult situation you have in there. However, I might as well tell you that Old Pang doesn't want to be involved in such matters. There is more to it than what meets the eye. We, old men, do not want to join such struggles."

Orion, even though bowing respectfully, couldn't help but grip his fists tightly and grit his teeth. It's one thing for these old men to not participate in power struggles but for them to turn a blind eye to those in need? Bullsh*t. This is why he hated being a part of such families and never having the chance to escape such cruel and demanding fate.

"I need not repeat myself. You can get out of my house right now."

Orion and Guy still respectfully bowed in front of Old Pang and Old Na before turning back to leave. However, right when they were about to leave the courtyard, Old Na suddenly stopped them.

"Oi. What do you think you're doing? Are you thinking of helping them? I assure you that even if we are old friends, I wouldn't help you with this."

OldPang does not have any idea why Old Na would stop them from leaving but, Cereswas different. As she looked at the latter's face, she knew that he sawsomething. -tbc