Chapter 9: Hogwarts pt. 2

As soon as we get to the station I grab the charm on my new necklace and it calms me down unexpectedly.
"Hermione!" I hear someone call my name and I spin in the direction of the voice and see that it's Ginny.
"Gin!" I yell excitedly, extremely happy to see one my red-headed best friends, as she runs over to me and gives me a bone-crushing hug. "Can't... breathe."
"Sorry." Ginny says as she lets go of me and makes eye contact with the rest of my family and waves at them. "Hi."
"It's a pleasure to see you again Ginny." Emelia greets with a polite smile. "These are my youngest children; Thomas and Layla. And that's Rosaline" Emelia says as she gestures to my siblings. "And I assume you already know Blaise."
"Y-yeah, I do. It's nice to meet all of you." Ginny says to my younger siblings. "Are any of you going to Hogwarts this year?"
"It's nice to meet you to. And I am, it's my first year." Rosaline explains.
"Well if you are sorted into Gryffindor we'll all take good care of you." Ginny promises with a smile. "Well, I should get back to mum and dad. You know how worried they get after everything that happened. See you on the train."
"Bye, Gin." I say before she walks back to her family.
"She seems nice." Rosaline comments once Ginny is out of earshot.
"She is." I say with a nod. "Are we ready to board the train?"
"Yeah." Blaise answers with a simple nod. "You can go first, Rosaline."
"Okay." Rosaline says with a nervous tone.
She runs to the pillar and vanishes through it. Successfully making her way to platform 9 and 3/4. Blaise and I follow her after giving the rest of our family a quick goodbye.
"I assume you won't be sitting with me on the train." Blaise says after we have passed through the threshold and are now looking at the Hogwarts Express.
"Your assumption is correct. It's not that I don't wanted to sit with you it's just that I don't want to raise any unnecessary suspicion even before the school year starts." I answer honestly as I see a flash of long red hair board the train.
"Okay. I understand." Blaise says simply. "See you later then."
Blaise walks towards the Slytherin end of the train to hand someone his luggage as I hed to the Gryffindor end of the train to do the same thing
My luggage is quickly taken from me and I board the train, in search for where my friends are sitting. After a couple minutes of searching I find where Harry, Ron and Ginn are sitting. And I instantly notice that Harry and Ron are sitting a bit close to eachother but I decide not to comment on it.
"'Mione! It's good to see you. How was your summer?" Harry asks I shut the glass door that is the entrance and exit of out compartment.
"It was stressful to say the least. I had fun getting to know my family. I even hung out with Draco and Pansy a few times." I answer with a smile as I remember how much I enjoyed my summer. "How was your summer?"
"Your on first name basis with them now?" Ron asks, seeming both angry and hurt. "Don't you remember everything that they did too you? To us?"
"It's in the past Ron! Nothing can change what happened. The important thing is what they do now to make up for what they've done." I say with an exasperated sigh, annoyed with how closed-minded Ron can be sometimes.
"Whatever. Just, if they do anything to hurt you we won't hesitate to fight them." Ron says protectively.
"Okay. So, how was your summer?" I ask, trying to change the topic.
"It was depressing. Mum wouldn't let us out of her sight for more than five minutes unless we were sleeping. I guess that's how she's decided to mourn after what happened during the war." Ron says sadly, most likely remembering his late brother Fred, who was killed in the battle of Hogwarts. "Other than that it was pretty boring."
"Luna and I hung out a couple times." Ginny says with a bored tone. "We all missed you."
"I missed you guys too but I needed to get to know my family and make up for all of the lost time." I say, feeling guilty that I didn't visit the Burrow over the summer. "Maybe I can come over during the holidays?"
"Sounds great. Mum will be so happy to see you." Ginny says with smile. "So, how's your love life doing?"
"It's as bad as usual. How about yours?" I groan, remembering the fact that I've never had a boyfriend and the only kiss I've ever had was with Ron during the war.
"It's getting better." Ginny says with a grin.
"Do you like someone?" I ask, easily slipping into conversation with Ginny.
"As a matter of fact, I do." Ginny says before she get's oddly serious. "You might hate me though."
"Why would I hate you?" I ask, not understanding how I could hate one of my best friends.
"I like Blaise." Ginn admits with a subtle blush on her cheeks.