Now it was show time. Because we had to go to one of the most talked about events of this year.
****
Donald Degrate Jr.~
The party that Dalvin and Cedric were anticipating was finally about to happen.
They literally worried me to death about this party and I didn't won't no parts of it but I guess it wouldn't hurt just to chill a little let some things marinate.

"You gotta hide Derek in your room Donald." Dalvin said as if I was really going to take orders from him.

"Why don't you hide the little nigglet in your room?" He looked at me and then I looked at him before you knew it an argument was about to take place.

" listen D we about to have girls everywhere up in the house."  "If you are what exactly you gonna do Dalvin?"
I smirked menacingly. 

"Whatever Donald, you know I gets mine."
I chuckled at the fact that he let me get to him but that doesn't matter in the moment because I am not giving up my room for Derek to start touching my belongings in my room.

Cause I swear if he break one of my vinyls something gonna pop off.

"Get what?" " I-i get to second base."
I heard him stutter and sounded doubtful which is something lots of dudes do. Ain't nothing wrong with being a virgin at all but it is at the same time you know what I'm saying?

When we were finishing our little argument and whatnot the doorbell ring and I assumed it was Cedric annoying tail. Dalvin went to go answer the door. Then as always they did their special handshake as I watched.

" what's up D?" He said dapping me up and caving me in to a male hug. "What's up." I said in response.
"Y'all ready for the honeys or what?"  "I know I am bro." Dalvin said pointing to his chest.
"Where's JoJo?" "He's coming in a minute."

"You got the punch and stuff?" Dalvin nudged me. "What stuff?" I put fingers up in quotations marks mocking him.

"Never mind you D I'm glad I told Cedric to get it anyway. You supposed to know all the people to get the good stuff." 
I knew what Dal was insinuating. I was supposed to be the older brother who was cool and knew what was everything to know in retrospect.  But sadly I'm not.
****
Cecelia Clark~
When Whitley read the invitation she quickly remembered where the entrance to the neighborhood was she said that one of her teammates lived over here and that after many social gatherings it became familiar.

"They live at hidden valley?" I asked her curious.
"Yeah the Degrates don't live so bad." She said while I was just trying to figure out who they were all together. 
Soon we drove into the surburban neighborhood as Whitley drove over speed bumps causing me to shift in the passenger seat.
She steered the wheel and made a turn until we stopped at a medium sized home. She pulled the key out of the ignition and unlocked the car as I opened the door and stepped out.

I kept pulling my dress down because I felt uncomfortable I had never worn anything remotely short. 

Whitley walked up the stairs in front of their home as I followed her hiding behind her.
She knocked on the door for what seem like a year. She kept getting frustrated and if a dude didn't stick his head out we would be on our way back home. 

The guy was average height he had a baby face and arched eyebrows that was strangely odd for a dude to have nice eyebrows... I mean unless you were prince.

"What's the password?" The guy said putting his hand over his ear. This was childish and I was ready to go.

"Dalvin if you don-" "Oh Whitley it's you oh never mind you don't need one."

"Mhmm." Whitley hummed giving Dalvin the side eye. He opened the door wider for her to come in. She walked passed him and he licked his lips eyeing her down.

"Who's this?" He said finally turning towards me scanning my whole existence.

Whitley came over to my side tapping my shoulder. She was all excited and giddy.
" This is my best friend cece!"
"Nice to meet you cece, hope you enjoy yourself." He said taking my hand and kissing the top of it. And in that moment I could have just drowned. 'Where can I buy one?' I thought.

After that whole ordeal he left and went to what seemed to be the kitchen.
It seemed like I just waited at the entrance for a while. I didn't know where to go and some of the people looked familiar I think they went to my school.

"Well come on!" Whitley turned to me and hurried me. We walked further to wear the commotion was going on as I heard Bobby brown's 'prerogative' busting through the speakers.
I saw black teenagers crowd around each other and doing dance routines. This was what being young should have felt like. Everything and everyone was so colorful and live and yet I missed out on all of this.

"Hey ladies come and get you some punch." A skinny lanky brown skin dude ordered.
I looked at Whitley to see what she was going to do. I had heard too many stories about drinks being spiked and I didn't want that to happen. She nodded her head and gave me the okay.

The guy fixed me the drink and handed it to me. But just as I was about to go be a wallflower he called me by my last name.
"Clark is that you?" "Yeah it's me." I answered I then realized that it was Cedric Hailey who I had tutored plenty of times.
" you look different I ain't never seen you look like that." He said as I soon felt uncomfortable from how hard he was staring at me.

He cleared his throat to make a disclaimer. "I mean don't get me wrong you look good but you just look different." " I get what you are saying. I chuckled and went to my seat.
I sat in my seat for a while until I spotted the same guy I had to tutor earlier this week and must I add he was a waste of time cause I could have been home.

I noticed his irregular large ears as he was chatting with some guy and he looked towards my way the guy he was talking to pointed my way. Then all of a sudden they walked over to where I was.

" excuse me, my boy over here thinks your cute." The guy I tutored rolled his eyes to the back of his head. I ignored them because this was awkward.
"See I ain't say that JoJo she not even cute she ain't my type at all." I overheard him say

" and you ain't all that either." I retorted finally making eye contact with him.

"At least everyone can see me at the party where you at?" He started twitching the lights on and off and all the people in the party started spectating us.

" what did you say?" "I said at least everyone can see me at the party." I could not believe he was spitting this colorism 'BS'.
"That's enough Donald ." His friend said patting his back. With the last of my punch I poured it on him and walked swiftly passed the crowd as they instigated and got riled up.

Whitley pushed passed them all to find out what was wrong.