At the desert, 9:34 pm. Wednesday.

"Amy?" I woke up, sitting up immediately.

"Huh?"

"I made dinner, wanna eat?"

I rubbed my eyes, yawning and stretching. "What time is it?"

"About 9:30 pm. Why?"

"I gotta send some pictures I've edited to the person who wanted me to edit them. I'm finish that up and then I'll join you. Promise."

The glint in Mark's eyes seemed to flicker for a split second but he nodded. Wonder what that's all about.

It took me a while to finish everything up and mail them to the owners but I managed to do it. I put away my laptop and walked to the kitchen. Mark was sitting at the kitchen island, just staring while drinking a wine it seemed.

I crept up behind him, standing on my toes to let my arms slide down his torso via his neck.

He seemed to flinch at that, putting down his glass. He turned around to me, picking me up and letting me sit on his lap.

"I'm actually not supposed to drink anything that could include alcohol because I can't process it well but it's not too much, so."

I nodded, hopping off his lap to grab myself a plate. "Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yeah yeah, don't worry."

I glanced at him, making sure once more. He seemed fine, so I let it go.

"Why were you staring off into the abyss?"

"Hmm? Oh, no reason. Just thinking. It's been an eventful week."

"Oh yeah, that it definitely was. I'm glad we got to get away from everyone for a little while though."

Mark nodded, reaching for my hand. He wrapped both his hands around mine and kissed it multiple times.

"What are you doing?" I asked, giggling. Jesus I hate doing that.

"Showing my affection by kissing your hands."

"That's how you show affection?"

"How else would I?"

I grinned, shrugging. "A kiss on the cheek? A bouquet of my favorite flowers? Hugs?"

Mark rolled his eyes, standing up. He walked over to me, cupping my face with both of his hands. He let his lips ghost over mine for a while and then brought them to my ear.

"I have many ways of showing affection but I don't think we're ready for that yet." His whisper sent a chill down my spine. How is his voice so smooth and yet so deep? I let out a shuddering breath, watching as Mark walked away with a smirk on his face.

That bastard.

At the desert, 10:26 pm. Wednesday.

"Mark! Wanna gaze at the stars?"

Mark turned around, putting his book down. He nodded, grabbing my hand and walking to the backyard.