A thin line

i own no content all rights go to the CW and the originals.

This morning I was in the kitchen eating my cereal with my legs on the table just like Klaus hated. Tonight was the sinners and saints ball. Klaus walked in and stared at my legs in annoyance.

"Dearest Hayley would you please move your legs from the table?"

I stretched my legs out and tilted my head.

"Why is it bothering you. I bet if it was Caroline, you would go right between them."

He was clearly irritated and i regretted saying that. His face began to grin.

"If i were Elijah you would do as you were told", he said.

"Maybe I would."

Hurt spread across his face and he stormed out. Of course I didn't mean  any of it but i just wanted to get under his skin. Rebekah walked in and took me upstairs. Before we got to the top there was a knock at the door. It was Sophie. Why was she here. I walked downstairs and groaned as Rebekah let her in.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked.

Usually i was nice to Sophie but i don't know what came over me. She looked at me shocked.

"Hello to you too sunshine. What happened to her?", She asked Rebekah.

"I'll tell you later."

We sat on the couch and Sophie said she was only here for a check up. Once she was done, the least expected person walked in.

"Elijah?", i whispered.

Rebekah ran up to him and hugged him. Why would he just come. Maybe he killed Alexis. Either way this was bad. Klaus would kill him.

"Why are you here?", i asked in a worried tone.

"I thought you would be more happy to see me Hayley. Did something happen?"

I grabbed him and led him to the kitchen.

"Alot has happened, let me explain."

We sat down and Elijah was waiting for me to speak.

"Klaus thinks that we were, you know together and he kind off chocked me yesterday."

"What do you mean together ?", Elijah asked.

"Like together, together."

Elijah looked down then back up at me.

"Oh, um, why would he think that?"

"He said Alexis told him but i don't know. Anyways just steer clear of him and how did you escape Alexis?", i asked.

"She let me go, she said its part of the plan."

"Probably just another naive lunatic  witch."

We both started laughing and Klaus walked in. We became silent and he smiled mischeviously.

"Please don't let me interrupt your love fest",Klaus said.

"Brother please, nothing happened between us and i just got here and heard what happened."

Klaus scoffed and had Elijah against the wall.

"Please tell me why I'm not biting you right now."

I ran up to them.

"Klaus stop, he's your brother."

He dropped Elijah and walked towards me. He whispered something in my ear.