We all have secrets..

It had been 12 years since the day I married the man of my dreams. In those years I bared 3 children and experienced many anniversaries. Each year different. One year, for our 7th anniversary, we. Joe, myself and our twin boys went to Hawaii. It was a fantastic trip. The next year, he took me on a romantic dinner and then we took a helicopter ride to a private island resort for a few days. As you could probably tell by now, we are among the more wealthy part of society, so the news about what happened definitely came as a shock to everyone. But I won't ruin the story for you just yet.
   We lived in a beautiful mansion in Newport Beach, California. We owned a yacht and section of the beach along with a lot of other luxury things. You could say we were very popular, known by all and loved by all in the community.

Yes we had it all. We were the picture perfect high class and wealthy family. I have to admit, I thought so too. So the day comes, our 12th anniversary. My husband never tells me what is planned, all he says is, get dressed all pretty and then I'll take you on the ride of your life.

   The day was normal, our maid cleaned the house while I wrote in my office and relaxed poolside since it was a beautiful sunny day. My husband was out with his friends and working...or so I thought. Our driver picked up my daughter from school and my sons had the day off.

I got ready as usual. Putting on a sexy black dress, matching black heels and my Dimond jewellery. Makeup and hair, classic. This year, he took me out for a romantic dinner on the beach and then some joy riding.
   "Hunny. I know we have been together for a long time. But I have something fantastic I need to show you" he held my hand over the gear box as we drove.
   "Of course hunny" I smile and watched the scenery as we past by.

   We all have our secrets..mine just so happens to be that I'm sleeping with my trainer casually. This beautiful, young and sexy man.

   We started to head out of the city and into the more deserted part of town.
   "Where are we going hunny?"
   "You will see"
There was miles, separating everyone in this area. We finally turned off the road and into the driveway of this old barn.
   "Ummm honey?"
My husband smiled and got out of the car and headed straight inside the barn. I hesitantly get out and follow him. The smell of something rotten grew as I walked closer to the barn.

Once I stepped in. I saw everything. It was like a bloody massacre had just happened inside this barn. This was my husbands secret.

   There were limbs hanging from chains, young girls hung by their skin and their body's hacked at. There was blood everywhere.
   My husband looked like he was in wonderland.
   "Isn't this great?!" He danced around in the blood and massacred bodies. Fear started to set in. It looked like he had been doing this for a while. I stayed quiet.
"What? don't like it?" He stopped and looked at me, standing in a pool of blood. His eyes, not the same. They were blank, psychotic. He grinned a grin that sent shivers down my spine. This is not my husband. 
   "But I did a lot of this for you? See. There's Tracey, remember? The girl that tried to steal your necklace at the cocktail party we had" he pointed to a girl, hung naked by one arm. Her free arm was cut off same with her opposite leg. Her stomach gutted. At that moment. I could have puked. I was scared for my life.

He went on to tell me about all of the people he killed and why.
   "Well...what do you think?" He asked.
   "Uhhh" I was speechless.
He walked closer to be, hands behind his back.
   "Well....because your joining them!!" He yelled and grabbed me before I could escape. This is not how I saw my happy ending.

   I'll save you the gory details but that night, he killed me, my children, my trainer and the maid and driver who witnessed it before taking his own life publicly, covered in our blood.

That night the police came to my house and discovered our bodies and uncovered the existence of the massacre barn. It was all over the news.

'Psychotic multi murderer father, kills his own family and the help.'

   Everyone was shocked. Nothing like this had ever happened in the community before..

   After all...we all have our secrets.