Cold Water » Working Girl

Start from the beginning

646,594 likes

646,594 likes

the Danielle I appreciate all of the sweet comments about how tiny I look after baby! But I don't want to mislead any mommy's who just had babies and are stressing! I gained 55 pounds with my daughter and only 27 this time! I gained so much with her because Of course I was starving so I would shove anything in my mouth to make that hunger feeling go away. This time I ate very normal and would take occasional walks. I am still 15 pounds away from what I was originally before I got pregnant with Bree. I take occasional walks but haven't done anything yet to try and lose weight and am in no rush! Nursing mamas should def not try and do any severe diets or milk supply will run low! My tummy is still swollen and you can see my c-section scar and pooch! I had another due to my 9lb baby and petite frame. So no rushing and no stressing about losing weight! Wanted to make sure y'all saw what my tummy looks like under the tank top and blazer...I do wear a belly waist train thingy a few hours here n there which helps c section mamas and swelling to go down. I am so glad we all can support each other. Being a mommy is so rewarding but hard work so we need to stick together and help each other out. I'm not perfect but I do my best. That's what it's all about. So never be hard on yourself. I'm going to try and do more posts like this. So feel free to ask anything below and will try and incorporate it in another mommy post! ❤️y'all

load more comments

wildthingslearn @theDanielle thank you for this post 💙 I just had my 2nd son via c-section today (my first was vaginal delivery) Do you have any recommendations for some good long and lean nursing tanks? I am having such a hard time finding any!!

mrsbmthompson What did you use to avoid stretch marks? @theDanielle

sheroyale Awesome!!!

tahneepink I saw this photo in an article this morning... and I thought- how nice of a celebrity to actually show the realness of what it is like after having a baby and speak so many true words. 😃 ❤ love it

: : : : : :

"What It's Really Like to Have a Child With Type 1 Diabetes?" The interviewer asked

"In my experience there's a disconnect between what people think it's like to have Type 1 diabetes and what it actually is like. Many people are not aware of all the variables that come into play to control blood sugars. Some people think you take your medicine and you get a steady blood glucose of 120. In reality, you have to guess what the dose of your insulin is based on your guess of what the carbs in the food are based on what your guess is of the portion of food that will be eaten. Plus, you must take into account your guess of the amount of fat and protein in the food, and whether one has just exercised or is about to exercise." I answered.

"What Are Some Things a Mom of a Type 1 Diabetes Child Won't Tell You ... or Maybe She Would Tell You?" The interviewer asked.

"There are two kinds of diabetes and they are not equal. Type 1, also known as juvenile-onset diabetes, is far less common — 5 to 10% of all diabetics. It occurs when the body's immune system has destroyed the cells in the pancreas that release insulin, without which the body cannot absorb glucose, which is needed to produce energy. Type 2 diabetes is the more common form (90-95% of diabetics). It occurs when the body is insulin resistant, so it can't use insulin the right way." I answered.

"Type 1 diabetes is not preventable. My child's diabetes was not caused by a poor diet or obesity, something that can contribute to type 2 diabetes. Nothing in my child's diet or lifestyle contributed to him getting type 1. There is no cure or possibility of remission with type 1 diabetes. It will not go away if she just eats right or loses weight. She needs insulin to live. Her body won't make it. End of story." I said.

"My child's life depends on accurate, regular monitoring of her glucose levels and accurate administration of insulin. Yes, it's manageable. But type 1 diabetes requires more time, effort, and energy that we ever dreamed it would. It is a job that is 24/7 and taking vacation time can be deadly. We monitor our daughter's glucose levels day and night, weekdays and weekends, at home and out of town. Type 1 diabetes is an unwelcome, but now familiar, member of our family." I said.

"My child will not outgrow "juvenile" diabetes. Children, especially teens, with type 1 diabetes need support and understanding so they will be comfortable taking responsibility for their own wellness. More awareness will lead to better understanding and better research and treatment. Research has led to the development of the insulin pump, which makes diabetes even more manageable. Research could, someday, lead to a cure. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes — yet. I pray every day that a cure will be found in my child's lifetime." I said.

"We love that you shared a photo of your C-Section scar on Instagram. What inspired you to do that?"

"I had posted a picture prior to that and I looked so much thinner than I was. The angle was just really great. Then I saw that girls were commenting, 'OMG, I just had a baby and she's already skinnier than me' and I hated that women were feeling that way. I didn't want anybody comparing themselves to that picture, because I felt that it was misleading and I didn't want to mislead anybody. So I posted the scar photo because I wanted people to see that, hey, underneath this flattering outfit of mine, this is what I look like. I have a pooch. I have a C-Section scar. I'm still extremely swollen. I want to be as real as possible. I don't Photoshop my pictures, because when people meet me in person, I don't want them to think that anything that I do is fake." I replied.

"Your delivery with Bree didn't go as you had hoped. What happened?"

"I wanted to push her out, and have that tummy time immediately. But, I was in labor for 15 hours. My epidural did not take, so I felt every contraction, and I was throwing up between every contraction. Then she got stuck, so they had to rush and deliver her by C-Section. It was traumatic for me and upsetting. I had the blues over my delivery for a couple of weeks. I had this beautiful baby girl who was the most amazing thing in the whole world, so I didn't understand why it bothered me so much, but it did." I said.