Secrets

Your POV: The next morning, we were set out towards the gates of Glendale. Kai and I had been flirting back and forth, but also had some more casual conversations to get to know one another better.

I could see Neesan missing Mika more and more by the day. "What if I break my promise? What then?" He would ask. I would always reply, "You won't because you love her and love always comes back."

What was more difficult than our own feelings to handle though, was our knowledge of Kira's hidden ones.

Eventually, by mid day, she'd had enough of mine and Neesan's shared looks and secrecy and dragged us both up to her/Neesan's room.

We plopped onto the bed side by side while Kira stood in front of us. She had her arms crossed and stared at us with a look of worry, irritation, and upsetness. It reminded me of a mom, and we were the two children that had ran and slipped and broken something after she told us not to run.

I shook my head. She didn't remind of      a mom. She reminded me of Mom.

It was still weird to me, after all this time, looking at my own face while talking to Kira. However, as identical as we were, it was still easy to tell us apart based on three key details.

1: Our styles were completely different. She tended to wear less revealing stuff like she was covering up. Not that I was revealing myself, I just tended to wear shorts and tank tops as opposed to three quarter sleeves and jeans.

2: She had a sacred treasure bracelet. I had a necklace.

3: Our personalities were almost polar opposites. Kira was somewhat cold and distant when she met a stranger, especially one she didn't like. When you got to know her though, she was sweet and playful and innocent. At the same time she had a mothering sense and the need to care for people. I on the other hand, was shy and tried to be nice when meeting a stranger. However, rather than being silent when I didn't like someone, I made it very clear as proven back during the tournament when I punched that idiot sexist. Also, I was much more, no pun intended, fiery than Kira. My temper was much wilder and my emotions were fiercer. My actions were more directed and my speech was more passionate. Lastly, I do in a sense have a mothering personality, but I care more about people than for them. I'm not the girl that does someone's makeup or tells them what dress to wear. I'm the girl that tells them they look beautiful and don't need the makeup and that they'd look as great in pajamas as they would in a 2 million dollar dress.

Anyways, back to the present, Kira was standing before us with that mothering look.

"What is up with you two?" "What do you mean?" I asked trying to play dumb. She glared at me. "Don't even y/n. I know something is going on and I don't appreciate all the secrecy." "Okay, so we can't keep secrets, but you can keep Raven a secret from us up until our almost dying breaths?" "That was different! Raven is life threatening. I had to keep her a secret. Obviously what you're hiding isn't life threatening because if it was, I hoped you'd do a my much better job at, you know, hiding it."

Neesan and I shared a look. Don't tell her. Messes with the future. Neesan silently begged me. I turned back to Kira. "I have nothing to tell you Kira." Neesan said before I had the chance to. She narrowed her eyes at us. "I'll get it out of you both eventually." She huffed and sat on her bed as we quickly left her room.

"Master, please excuse the sudden intrusion, but I need to have a discussion with you." "Neesan, I need to talk to Kasai for a sec. I'll catch up with you later." He nodded and headed downstairs while I entered my room.

"I release you, fire spirit Kasai, Kai!" Kasai appeared in front of me, and I couldn't help but feel in awe of her no matter how often I'd seen it. "What's up?" She sat on my bed and I sat across from her on a chair. "I've been having these...strange...feelings lately."

"What kind of feelings?" "...giddiness, unexplained happiness, warmth, etc...Y/n, they feel human." I was more serious after hearing the word human, and especially after she called me Y/n and not Master. Kasai had explained to me before that spirits, especially those loyal to a certain person, rarely felt any sort of human emotion unless directed at their master.

I knew Kasai had at least felt one emotion not directed at me: Anger at Meliodas.

But what was she was describing was far from that.

"What exactly is the cause of these...human emotions?" She took a deep breath and averted my gaze. "It's Harlequin..." My eyes widened. "Harlequin?" "Yes...I don't know when it began, but, lately I've been feeling a lot of emotion towards him. I don't know how to describe it really. It's as if when I'm with him, everything is easier, but at the same time more difficult because I care about my actions."

My heart clenched. I knew exactly what feeling she was talking about. It was the feeling that overcame me throughout the year. The feeling that caused emotional breakdowns on multiple occasions.

I wouldn't let myself say it. Not about or towards him anyways. If I said it out loud, it was real, and that wasn't something I could handle.

"Kasai, you're in love with him." Her eyes widened slightly, her cheeks gained a slight red tint, and she suddenly looked a way I'd never seen her before. "But, I can't, I'm a spirit. He's a mortal, a fairy, a king. I'm attached to you and you only Y/n. You're the only thing that grounds me to this realm. I'm not supposed to have emotion for anyone but you, or I could put you at risk." I took her hand and looked into her eyes.

"I am at far greater risk with my sacred treasure spirit being distracted than being in love. I am your Master, and if I tell you it's okay then it's okay. You need to discuss this with King Kasai." "I appreciate it, really I do, but-" "It wasn't an offer. It was a command." She looked at me speechlessly. "Master...please give me time to prepare." "How much do you need?" "At least a few days." "Granted. Now, your spirit is beginning to weaken, return at once." "Yes Master."

She returned to my sacred treasure necklace and I took a deep breath.

Heading downstairs, I noticed Kai and Neesan talking and laughing in the living room. "Hey sis." "Sup." I greeted Neesan. "Hey, have any of the sins ever kissed?" Kai suddenly asked. I thought for a moment before smirking.

"Yes, yes they have."

I then proceeded to tell them of the Spin the Bottle incident, only the King and Ban part though. They didn't need to know anything else.

"What about you? Have you ever kissed one of the sins?" Kai asked wriggling his eyebrows.

I immediately flashed back to my goodnight kiss from Meliodas during the truth spell and frowned. "No." I lied. Neesan gave me a suspicious look. "Y/n, can we talk for a minute?" I sighed. "Fine."

I pulled him over to a quiet section of the bar while Kai walked over to Ban and began chatting. "Spill." "What?" "I know you're lying. Why didn't you just tell Kai the truth." I sighed again. "It's a long story Neesan..." "I'm ready to listen then."

I sighed for what seemed like the hundreth time before proceeding to inform him of the truth spell and the events taking place that day and the next.

"So Meliodas kissed you?" "Yup." "And he doesn't know?" "Nope." "Wow." "Yup." We stood there in silence for a while until he spoke again. "When are you gonna tell Kai about everything between you and Meliodas?" I took a deep breath. "I don't know Neesan...does he really need to know?" He gave me a 'duh!' look. "If you don't tell him, you're keeping it a secret." "It's not a secret if it never comes up." "But it already has." He pointed out. I groaned. "Look, I'm just dealing with a lot right now and I don't want to ruin my chance with Kai because of my past." Neesan sighed and nodded.

"So many secrets..."