Try, Try, Trying Again

"Violet! I love you! Be with me forever?" A strange voice asked.

"Yes, forever and ever and ever and ever and..." 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Stupid alarm!" I yell as I shut it off. Two days ago, we got home from the beach. Now, I had no idea what to do with my free time. 

"What was that dream all about?" I asked myself. 

"Violet, honey, are you awake?" Mom yelled from the kitchen. I was about to roll over and fall back asleep when I smelled...bacon??

"Yep! I'm awake!" I yelled as I ran to the kitchen.

After I finished eating I started to walk away.

"Violet?" Mom asked hesitantly. I turned around.

"Yes, mom?" I responded.

"I think you should go,"

"Go? Go where?"

She gave me a stern look.

"Oh! No! No, no, no, no,no! You just don't get it!" I said on the verge of tears and ran to my room. I shoved my face into my pillow. My mom walked in with a glass of soda.

"Violet?" She said sweetly.

"What do you want?" I said through the pillow.

"I brought your medicine,"

News flash, I can't swallow pills. I have to crush them up then put them in soda so they dissolve.

I chugged the soda.

"Thanks," I said resuming to my pillow state.

"Honey, I think you should at least try,"

"Why? He doesn't even remember me,"

She grabbed my hand as I sat up and put the pillow on my lap.

"Then give him a reason to remember you. You know the saying,: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,"

I smiled.

"Okay, mom. I'll go. And no matter what, I'll just keep try, try, trying again,"

"That's the spirit! Now, go!"

                            ******

When I reached the hospital, I saw Lucas talking to a woman. I walked in and they stopped talking. I could see a blush forming on Lucas's cheeks.

"Can I come in?" I asked shyly. The woman stood up.

"Hello. I'm Lucas's mom, Angela," She greeted.

"Hello," I said shaking her hand.

"Oh! You're Lucas's girlfriend, right? Maya, isn't it? I've heard so much about you. Thank you for all you've been doing for my son,"

"Actually, I'm Violet. Lucas's ex-girl friend,"

"Oh! I'm deeply sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay, Mrs. Friar,"

She lowered her head.

"So I'll just give you two a minute then?"

I nodded and she walked out of the room. I sat in the chair she was sitting in and put my head in my hands and sighed.

"Good morning, " Lucas said.

"It's twelve in the afternoon," I said with my head still in my hands.

"Oh, good afternoon, "

"I'll take your word for it,"

"Why? What's the matter?"

I stood up.

"What's the matter? Oh, I'll tell you what's the matter!"

"Why are you so upset?"

"I'm not!"

"You kind of are,"

I sat down on his bed and began to cry.

"We used to have something, you know,"

"I know,"

"I miss him. I miss my Lucas,"

"I'm still Lucas! I just don't remember certain things!"

"I know, and it's not your fault. I guess I was just holding onto you because of my dad,"

"He was an amazing man, Violet. You should be proud, not sad,"

I paused.

"Wait a minute, how do you remember my dad?"

"Yes. My memory has been coming back. Little by little,"

My mood improved.

"Do you remember us?"

He shook his head.

"No,"

I lowered my head again.

"Oh,"

I looked at the clock.

"Oh, I'd better go. My medicine is due soon," I said standing up.

"Medicine?"

"Yeah,"

"Oh, okay then,"

I grabbed my stuff.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked me with his eyes. His eyes which made it hard to say 'no.'

"Sure,"

He smiled like when we first met.

"Can I hug you, Violet?"

I nodded. I have him a hug. When we pulled away, He looked deep into my eyes as I did his.

He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.

"Good bye, Violet. See you tomorrow," he said with his honey-like voice.

"Good tomorrow. See you bye," I said totally spaced out. I shook my head.

"I mean...yeah. Bye," I said saluting him and nearly bumping into a wall.

                           *******

I was waiting by the bus station, when someone tapped on my shoulder. My immediate reflex was to jerk my elbow back.

"Ow," I heard a young boy say. I turned around.

"Can I help you?" I asked angrily as I turned around. I recognized his face.

"Uh, yeah. I wanted to say 'hi.'"

I squinted my eyes to see if I could remember who he was.

"Nope. I don't know you," I said crossing my arms and turning away.

"That's because we've only met once. I'm..."

Anyone want to guess who it is? If you guess correctly, you will get a shout out. That's if you want to guess.

My heart goes out to the people in Corpus Christi, Texas, as well as the other cities that will be affected by Hurricane Harvey. I hope they have all taken the time to prepare and get themselves and/or their families to safety. If you would like to add on, comment below so that everyone can be made aware of the possible disaster tonight.

I hope everyone has an awesomely awesome day. And to those who also live in Texas, keep reading and until the cell towers go down, I will try to update my stories just for the sake of having something to do!

Chaio for now, and have a safe day,
💋Random_Beauty12