Never Anger A Beschützer

For the second time that day, Nick pulled up outside the Engel's house. There was still no car up the drive. The three men got out of the car and Nick rang the doorbell, before sliding his hands into his pockets. Tessa opened the door, smiling, her hair now straight and she had re-applied her  make-up.

"Detectives-" She began before she broke off as she saw Monroe. She snarled and Woged out immediately, her eyes going golden. She gripped Monroe's jumper and threw him into the house, snarling as she ran at his stumbling form. She snapped her palm against his chest, hard and sent him sprawling. Monroe couldn't fight it anymore and Woged out. The two snarled at one another, circling slowly before they went for each other's throats, scratching and growling. She plowed towards him and used her shoulder to send him flying into a lamp. Monroe swiped his claws across her cheek, cutting the flesh in three almost straight lines. Tessa howled in pain and her eyes became steely, she swung her leg up and smirked as she felt her foot make connection with his chest. He fell back onto the couch, which buckled under his weight. She jumped and landed in front of him, her claws extending towards him, snagging his shirt. She snarled in frustration at her miss and Monroe took his chance, gripping her arms and twisting them hard, forcing her to spin around and fall to her knees. She struggled and threw her head back, catching his chin hard with the back of her skull. He howled and let her arms go. She spun around to face him and gripped his neck, her other arm snaking around his body, holding it firmly, waiting for the moment to snap his neck. Monroe reached up and grabbed her arms and shifted his weight, flipping her to the floor. Tessa stood quickly, going to attack him again but suddenly felt a weight pulling her back, she fell hard onto her back, Hank and Nick on top of her, pinning her to the floor. She shifted back into her full human form and whimpered a little.

"Get. Off. Me!" She snarled, growling as she struggled, her brown eyes boring into Nick's crystal blue ones.

"Tessa, Tessa, it's okay, he's with us." Hank tried to calm her, Tessa's golden eyes filled with confusion. But Nick said nothing, he simply stared down at her, a deep, almost hatred boring into her.

"What? He's a Blutbad! How can he be with you?" She struggled half-heartedly, "Get off me! You're both crushing me!"

"Swear you won't kill him..." Hank stared down at her as he spoke. Tessa took a little too long to reply and Nick moved and stood above her, pulling out his gun and training it on her. Time seemed to freeze for a moment and Tessa's eyes widened, as did Monroe's.

"If you hurt him, Tessa, I won't hesitate to kill you. I've killed many Wesen, you'd just be another dead Wesen that no one will miss." Nick's eyes burned into Tessa's and she swallowed thickly, ignoring her pale cheek, which was now bleeding profusely. She looked over at Monroe who, now, too was human. She stood slowly and walked from the room, her head high to hide the hurt tears that welled in her eyes.

"Are you okay? That was worse then when your parents met me." Nick turned to Monroe, holstering his gun. Monroe just stared at Nick, his mouth agape, "What?"

"Y-you just threatened your Beschützer... Nick, this a very rare thing, you can't treat her like that."

"She almost just killed you!" Nick swept his arm towards where Tessa had left, "A thank you would've been nice!"

"Nick, you don't understand, her natural instinct is to protect you! Did you notice how she never tried to fight against you? She was trying to save you! Nick, she's a good kid, you have to be kind to her, remember, she's only here to serve you." Monroe stood shakily, "She packed a good punch, for a kid."

"I'm not a kid. And I'm not Wesen, though I'm sure the mutt already knew that. There is no name for my kind aside from Beschützer." Tessa muttered as she walked back inside, carrying a first aid kit. Her cheek was covered with a little gauzing, but blood seeped through it, "Take your shirt off." She mumbled to Monroe. No one mentioned the red, puffiness of her eyes.