18

THE FALL WASN'T AS bad as it should've been, but that could've been because of the pain I was already in.
I quickly took off the uniform jacket as Marika swapped clothes with Cassie. Where the hell did she come from? She was supposed to meet us in the control room. I blinked away tears.
My underclothes were somehow dry.
"Stay here." she told us.
"Not going to happen." I responded, getting off of the ground.
"The risk-" she started.
"Screw the risk. I'm going." I cut her off.
"Me too." Cassie struggled to stand.
Blood still dripped from my hand as I followed my sister back into the building. I was expecting more killer rain, but she turned off the water main.
We reached the control room soon enough. This is where they hack our minds. A chair sat in the middle of the room. Wonderland. The keeper of our beloved memories.
"Hurry up." Cassie slurred.
I strapped her hands to the chair while Marika searched the database for Evan's memories.
Cassie leaned back, "You can't find them, can you?"
"There are too many memories." my sister was still somehow calm.
"Give all of them to me." she sighed.
Marika shook her head, "It could kill you."
"Just do it. We're running out of time." I kept an eye on the door.
My sister hit a red button, causing Cassie to stiffen before slumping over in the seat.
"He's here." she mumbled.
I stared in confusion. Who's here?
Marika seemed to know. She grabbed her gun.
"Don't let her leave." she told me as she went into the hallway.
     I loaded my gun, expecting the worst. Cassie was able to tear through the restraints and run to a supply closet.
Great. I didn't try to stop her.
I swallowed my fear, keeping my gun pointed steadily at the door. Something was slammed against it. The knob twisted.
Evan burst through. I lowered the gun.
"Evan?" I asked, "Where's Marika?"
He didn't answer.
I looked behind him. My sister was unconscious on the floor. I raised the gun again.
"What did you do?" I spat.
His eyes were dull.
"Evan, what the hell did-" I started.
Before I could finish, he grabbed me by the throat. He held me up against the wall. My gun fell to the floor.
This is it. I couldn't breathe. No.
I went limp. You can't give up. I held what little breath I had left. You need to kill Vosch. I faked my own death.
He let go of me, moving on to where Cassie hid. Marika. I made my way to her as quietly as I could.
     Vosch was standing with his back to me.
     "It's not too late." he tried to convince her.
      She spotted me, "It is for you."
      I pressed my gun against the back of his head. He froze.
      "Remember when you killed my parents in Urbana?" I asked, "Because I will never forget it."
      I pulled the trigger.
      I fell to the floor with him. You did it. Cassie burst through the door, watching as I dug through my pocket.
     I pulled out the capsule Marika had given to me. This one didn't need a bag to hold it due to the seal around it. I handed it to Cassie.
     "You know what you need to do." I told her quietly.
     She nodded.

NOT EDITED

I'm so sad because NOCTURNE is almost over. There's only a few chapters left.

Go check out LEGENDS as well as my main account: satanberry if you haven't already!

Make sure to leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!