IX

Zoë Nightshade sighed. She was getting no where with Perseus and she'd been trying for days. And now, she had a quest to go rescue Artemis. She knew she wanted no one else at her back than him. She had no idea how she was to approach him about it.

Five shall go west,
To a goddess in chains.
One shall be lost in the land without rain,
The bane of Olympus knows the trail.
Campers and Hunters combined, prevail
The Titan's curse must one withstand,
For one to be saved by a parent's hand.

"Perse–"

"Just stop Miss Nightshade. I know what you're here for. Yes, I'll go with you on one condition. We take Nico and Bianca with us. The other quest member is up to you, but I'd advise someone that can work well with me, as I don't want any issues in this quest. I'd say Phoebe is probably your best option, plus, she's a clincher if we get into a real fight."

"I'm surprised thou wants her to go with us."

"You would be surprised, mainly because you don't have your memories," Perseus said, walking away.

"AHHH!!!"

Perseus' eyes darken and he takes off towards the scream. When he arrives at the point, he sees Nico crying. "What happened here?"

Nico looked up, "It...it took her. It took Bianca!"

Perseus gets a deadly look on his face. "We'll get her back, Nico...together. Zoë Nightshade just got a prophecy to go to a goddess in chains. Most likely it is Artemis. I was sure she was captured already. I have a hunch why they took Bianca. They need Artemis to do something willingly, otherwise, whatever it is, probably can't be done. It'll be okay. It'll be Zoë, Phoebe, you, myself...and whoever else Miss Nightshade approves of going with us. Now that Bianca is no longer a viable member, I just hope she picks someone of use," he says, a steely tone in his voice.

Nico looks up at him and nods. "Alright. But...Mr. Perseus...I don't know how to fight."

Perseus looks down at him and lets a warm smile grace is face. "That's alright. I'll teach you. I'm sure I can do better one on one with you. Achilles always had a better touch at teaching groups. He has way more patience than I do."

Nico grinned. He was going to be taught by one of the most legendary demigods to exist, even if he wasn't in the record books. Then a thought came to him. "Why are you doing this? I mean...it's obvious that you like Miss Nightshade, but you don't seem like someone to give out sword lessons that easily, especially to someone with no experience. That, and when you heard my sister cry out, you were here as fast as you could have possibly have been, still before anyone else. So...why are you helping my sister and I out so much? If you lie to me, I'll make sure I find a way to send you to my father."

Perseus looked at him. The kid was bold. A chuckle escaped him, that turned into a full blown laugh. "Kid...you can't send me to your father. It'd be kind of hard, considering he isn't a god of anything."

Nico's face turned red, "Don't talk about my dad like that. Just because mine isn't an Olympian like yours doesn't make him any less important."

Perseus shook his head. "You miss understand me, I said your father wasn't a god, because he wasn't. Your adoptive father is most definitely a god. Hades, is, by all means, a god. One that should be on the council yes. But your actual father is not a god. Neither was your mother. You are more powerful than any of these demigods here. But, please don't say anything yet. After this quest, the truth will have to come to life. There'll be no way to hide it then. I will tell you this, while you are only about twelve years old in body and mind, you were born over two millennia ago, the same as your sister. You are some of the oldest demigods alive, other than myself and Achilles."

Nico's eyes widened. "Who was my father?"

"Is, he is still alive. But I can't tell you who he is just yet. Knowing now will put you into too much danger. I promise after we get your sister back, I will explain everything to you. And hopefully your mother can be there as well, so she can know."

"Why wouldn't she know now?"

"She probably had her memories erased, or she would have recognized you two on sight. No one can forget their child like that. Even if they hadn't seen them in years, there is this attraction that draws them. But if they have no memory of having had a child...or children, then they wouldn't feel this connection. I can only hope that when this is all said and done, both your parents can come forth and not be attacked for only the fact that you two are alive. I promise you this though, I will not let you or your sister die because of that."