Truth Or Dare

Hey! This is my first fic, so comments will be appreciated! 

6th year 

The Gryffindor common room is always chaotic. Doesn't matter what time of the year it is, the common room is always full of pure chaos. Sometimes it isn't such a bad thing, sometimes it's quite comforting actually. So the Marauders deciding to play 'truth or dare' with some fellow house mates at 11:00 pm one Friday night wasn't too out of the norm. Marlene, Alice, Lily, James, Peter, Sirius, and Remus all agreed to play, seeing as they had nothing better to do. Remus cast a spell to make all the furniture move up against the walls, and the Gryffindors all sat down in a large circle. Lily explained the rules to Alice once more, seeing as she was a pure-blood and hadn't had as much exposure to muggle type games as her friends. 

"Okay, I got it." Alice said slowly, as if still processing the rules. "Right, so...any volunteers to begin?" Lily responded, looking around the room, questioning her decision to agree to participate. "I'll start off. Marlene, truth or dare?" James spoke up, looking all too confident in his words. Marlene looked him dead in the eye and said "Dare," matching his confidence. "Alright McKinnon, I dare you to sneak into Slughorn's office, and revise all of his lesson plans on Monday's topic to talk about 'McGonagall's fabulous sense of style instead.'" Marlene nodded, and walked out of the common room, fully intending on ruining Slughorn's lesson. Roughly 8 minutes later, Marlene returned. "Okay. It's done. His lesson book is now completely altered. I mean, surely 'McGonagall's fabulous sense of style' is much more interesting than the importance of properly mincing all ingredients when brewing liquid death." Laughter erupted around the room.

"Okay, my turn. Peter, truth or dare?" Marlene asked the now very nervous Marauder. "Er, truth." He coughed out, after turning to James as if asking for help. She contemplated his answer for a few seconds before responding. "How many girls have you snogged in empty corridors at Hogwarts?" Peter blushed before peeping out a small "Two." Before looking down, ashamed. "Mate, you've snogged two girls before?" James said, astonished. Lily and Remus both shot him a glare, but fortunately Peter took it lightly and just laughed out a "Yeah." 

"Uh, um... Lily. Truth or dare?" "Dare," she responded, almost immediately. Sirius looked up, he just knew  this was going to be good. By good, he meant a failed attempt to get Lily to kiss James Potter. James perked up too, as did Remus. Matter of fact, everyone in the whole room seemed to have an unspoken, agreed say that this would certainly involve James. Peter tried his hardest to say 'sorry' with his face as he said "I-I d-dare you to.. um... h-hug James?" James was actually successful in hiding how ecstatic he was that he had a chance to hug Lily Evans. Over this summer he seemed to chill a bit, try an actually become her friend. He did gradually become an acquaintance, one might say. So really, how bad could one hug be. Lily looked over at James from across the circle. "It's only one bloody hug, Evans!" Sirius shouted. "Shove it, Black!" She sharply hit back. A dare was a dare, though. Lily got up, trying her best to look annoyed. In reality, she didn't mind hugging James. In fact, she was glad- wait no- not glad. Lily Evans absolutely did not want to hug James Potter! Nonetheless she walked over to James, who had gotten up, and stood in front of him. "Just for the record, Potter, this doesn't mean anything." Lily said and wrapped her arms around him. Shocked as he was, which he really shouldn't be since it was just a hug after all, he still managed to hug her back. Promptly after hugging, Lily pulled away and turned her head, so that nobody could see her blushing. Remus happened to glance over at her, and could have sworn he saw some color in her cheeks. James sat down, satisfied with what just took place in front of 7 people. 

The game went on for another couple hours. While the game was very sporadic, there was one thing in common. Remus and Sirius would sneak each other looks of admiration here and there, every few minutes. Neither one noticed the other. In fact, nobody actually noticed them except Lily. On Lily's second turn, which just happened to be the last one of the game (it was 1:45 AM) she dared Remus. She dared him to have to travel to all the classes he and Sirius had together, for the next week, solely by carrying him on his back. That included going to the great hall for meals, and if they decided to go into the library together. Sirius and Remus blushed. Everyone but the two exchanged looks, all similarly having an idea of just why Lily might dare this. Sirius was the first to speak of the two. He cleared his throat and said "And what would happen if I didn't allow Moony to give me a piggy back ride to every class?" "Are you implying that you, Sirius Black, biggest drama queen, would back down to a dare?" Alice challenged. Sirius seemed flabbergasted at her statement. "Wh-What? No! Absolutely not! I'm just saying the dare wasn't aimed at me, it was for Remus. And what if I happened to hurt him? I couldn't live with myself!" Peter looked over at him, as did James, with the same look of 'Really? Your Best Friend Turns In To A Werewolf Every Month, He Can Carry You.' Remus turned to him and smirked, "Guess we'll have to deal each other then."